Bonds broken

weekly update? yeah right

*hides behind Itachi* i'm sooooo sorry. here is chrismtas present update T.T

-----------------------------------------------------

Groaning echoed through the cave. "You dare to wake me? the almighty-" "Sush almighty sleeper, it is past two" a gruff voice huffed. Cracking his eyes open, Kurama glared up at the red eyed male whose foot was prodding his side. "I have no rush" he grunted, turning over his side. "No hurry to mend the broken link between you and your master?" Itachi challenged. The demon shot up and glared up at the taller raven. "Time is irrelevant". "Doesn't seem so to humans, or people associating with them" a playful smirk appeared on his lips. A rumbling feeling of annoyance spread through the demons body as he huffed and crossed his arms defiantly. "If I wait long enough he may go up in flames" Kurama mused, intrigued by that outlook.

"Kurama, we talked about this. I don't care if you don't apologise, but blaming him is hardly fair". Kurama's entrancing golden orbs glanced up into those fiery red eyes. The two held an unspoken stare contest. After minutes Kurama broke away with a reluctant sigh. "I've been thinking" he glared at the ground in frustration, "I shouldn't reform the contract. It will cause both of us to fret. That princeling will die of jalousy and I will never be able to put my master off the first place in my life". Itachi arched a brow, "You don't want him as first place?" he questioned curiously. Kurama looked back up and gave a solemn nod. "With that I will also be released from his first place... at least in my mind" he sighed, looking tired, sad and old. Itachi gave a sympathetic smile and ruffled his orange hair. "That doesn't sound so bad. Moving on in life is important as well".

After a long, comforting silence, the odd pair left their base and ventured off into the woods. Towards the castle. The demon noticed something off about the raven haired male. A slight change in attitude, but he couldn't place what it was. What the demon couldn't place was the conflict happening within Itachi. Right now he was heading to the home of the man that gave him away. He did not resent him for doing so, the king is obliged to follow traditions, however, he did not look forward to explain his resignation from the Akatsuki. Neither did he want to explain to his little brother why he needed to go.

Upon arrival they found servants bustling around behind the guards in front of the entrance. They looked suspiciously at the odd pair. A tall raven haired man in a cloak from the Akatsuki and a boy with golden eyes and fiery red hair.

Their weapons crossed on the pairs path. Itachi looked at one of the guards before fumbling with something in his cloak and handing him a piece of paper. The guard took it and gave the piece a quick scan. With a nod to the other guard they opened the path. Kurama looked dubiously at the raven but he was ignored. The pair walked through the royal gardens and entered through the front entrance.

Once inside Itachi turned to Kurama, "I will go see my father first" he stated. Kurama's eyes widened slightly in shock and confusion. "Father?" Itachi nodded, "go and find that master of yours" he gave an encouraging smile and a ruffle of his hair before going off on his own. Kurama looked around hesitantly, his nose tilted as he sniffed the air.

A smirk appeared on the demon's face when the scent hit his nose. His legs automatically running for the source.

The head of the blonde snapped up. His azure eyes staring at the closed door. The raven had left an hour ago, or so, stating he had business to take care off with his return. It was too early for him to return to the sleeping chamber. So who was standing outside of the door right now, shifting on their feet.

A soft knock echoed through the room. Jin steering in his bed at the sound. Another knock followed, a little louder. Naruto strode over and opened to the door on a crack to peer though. His eyes widened as they met a pair of golden ones. A distant look on the owners face. "Kuram-" "Can I come in?" he interrupted meeting his eyes. Naruto swallowed and opened the door for him. The demon nodded and entered to room, his eyes roaming around out of habit. Naruto closed the door silently before turning to his former partner, biting his lip anxiously.

He was not going to apologise for defending his husband, but he didn't want this to continue either. The demon sighed and turned to the blonde with a tired look. "It's time to let me go master" he declared. Naruto's eyes widened. "No! look I will not apologise for defending Sasuke. But breaking our bond is an overreaction!" he exclaimed, hands balled at his side. "You hardheaded- " Kurama shook his head, "it's better for both of us". "Both of us?! Kurama don't you flatter yourself by knowing what's best for me!" Naruto snapped, "do you have any idea what you took when you left?!"

"My soul. Naruto, you are the one exaggerating right now. It is not as if our contact will break with our bond" Kurama bit him to. The blonde paused, staring at the demon. That declaration had visibly taken a lot of tension from the witch. "If we stay bonded you will only hurt your beloved" the demon said, gritting at the word beloved, "our bond is more than he could ever achieve. I'd rather break it so you both can be happy". "What about you?" the sea of blue that had the demon drowning every time he looked at them seemed less vibrant than before. "I refuse to be a petty demon to keep its master prisoner of the bond. Your priorities have changed. So have mine" the demon said, thinking it was a lie but it felt oddly true.

Naruto looked down, tears threatening to fall. Kurama sighed and put a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Naruto. Break the bond" he whispered.

With a deep breath Naruto nodded and took a step back. He formed handsigns, a pentagon lighting on the wooden floor he stood. "Engüsm aëlien Sertrùfis" he spoke and the light crawled over the floor to Kurama. Shackles of shadows breaking upon its touch.

The demon groaned as his muscles felt lighter, his body felt freer and his power flooded back into his core. The light slowly dimmed until it disappeared. The witch looked with a helpless smile at his former demon. "363 years...." "Still more to come witchling" Kurama mused, stretching his limbs. Ears poked from his messy red hair and a fluffy tail sprouted out of his back. Now his full powers were back it was difficult maintaining a complete human form.

i