Leave

He groaned softly and reached for his head to rub the pain away as much as it was possible. His onyx eyes glanced around, it was still dark but he didn't feel the stones. Instead he felt something soft supporting his body. He moved his hand a bit and noticed it was the couch he had seen Naruto on a few times.

Then the scent hit him. God that smelled good. He looked over to find the meatloaf and the bread. His eyes widened and grasped the jar of water and gulped it away greedily. Then he attacked the meat, chewing carefully to spare his stomach. When that was gone he tried to eat some bread but his stomach told him this was enough, more couldn't be handled and will be thrown out. He swallowed as he put the bread down and leaned against the arm support taking another look around. "Naruto?" he said in a hoarse voice, wincing at the pain in his ribs. He glanced down and saw 4 of his ribs being not what they were. They were bruised badly. It was a wonder he didn't notice the pain until now. Even breathing hurt with every inhale and out hale. He groaned and slunk back into laying position. The chains on his ankles clanking at the movement.

Naruto glanced at the beloved raven from the shadows, out of sight. Biting his lip. Maybe he did go overboard. Maybe he should just let the prince free. He had selfishly taken the prince away and tortured him. He killed some bitch right in front of him. He sighed deeply and retreated further into the shadows.

"I think you should let him go"

Why the change of mind?

"...."

Well?

"You should know....."

Owh....

"Yeah, besides, maybe after all that torture he will be a better king than this one"

Yeah who knows....... When he has a bit more muscle... I will let him go.... For the sake of the future. For the safety of the future.

"for our sake"

Naruto nodded in silence as he returned to the kitchen and began making the next meal for Sasuke. He waited until Sasuke was deep asleep before he went back to his side and placed the food close to him. He took a long admiring look at the perfect face before he returned to the shadows.

And so Sasuke didn't saw Naruto, he figured by the meals that it was about a month that he had been left alone. Tied to the couch. The meals became better by the day, like who made hem got more sympathy or better cooking experience. Every time Sasuke awoke he would look around and search for the boy. He longed to see those golden strands of hair and his fair skin. He even missed the image of the tattooed legs. He just missed him. He had called his name over and over again. He had apologized and asked if he would come out but he never had any answer. He had tried to feign his sleep but Naruto was always gone before his eyes opened.

Then on the 45th day the dark room seem lighter when he awoke. He looked around and could make shapes out, a table, a small closet and a few plants. "it's time you go" a bleak voice sounded. The creature sounded like he had some regret. But about what? His eyes looked where the voice had come from and he spotted two golden eyes in the dark.

Suddenly a bright light came from the back and he squinted his eyes at the sudden burning. His shackles clicked open. Sasuke's eyes widened. He got up and tried to run to the boy in the darkness but was stopped by a strange force as soon as those golden eyes turned blue. "Naruto! Please, let me see you!" Sasuke pleaded as he struggled against a force that easily pulled him back towards the light. "Leave and don't you dare seek me" Naruto's voice hissed. Sasuke's eyes widened. Did he hate him? Did he really hate him?

What Sasuke couldn't see were the tears rolling down Naruto's cheek or feel the lump in his throat. His hands were shaking as he put them over his belly. Shrinking in at the pain he felt in his heart by leaving his beloved. Pushing him away. "Leave!" was the last word Sasuke heard before he was flung into the light. He screamed until he hit something he hadn't felt in ages. The grass tickled his face as he laid in the garden of his palace. He shot up and looked around in panick. He screamed Naruto over and over again. Tears rolling down.

It's better so

"he would regret it eventually, you as well"

Mortal lives are too short

"indeed"

Servants came rushing over at the screaming and gasped as they found their prince in torn clothes. "Uchiha-sama!" some cheered and 2 servants approached the man. "I can't believe your back! We have searched everywhere Uchiha-sama!" the servants cheered. Sasuke looked at them with hollow eyes. He felt worse than the time his pride was crushed. He felt worse than the moment the ring was there. He felt broken, ripped apart. Like someone put needles through his heart. He coughed as the the scent of the roses close by concerred his nose. "I'm fine" he coughed before he stood straight and looked around with an iron look. "Bring me some clothes.. you and you take me to my chamber and you will report to my father" he ordered taking over the role of a prince. the servant laughed in glee before the went on to their tasks. Sasuke's body was there but his eyes said different. He promised to himself.

'I will find you Naruto. When I do I will never let go' 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

with thanks to @tsunade31 because her idea gave me inspiration and a mood to make another chapter :3