Chapter 2 - My fiancé

Emiko pov:

It took us two days including breaks in between to reach Konoha. It was a village much bigger than ours and was barricaded by a tall compound wall all around. It was an impressing sight to see from the distance, and even more so when we entered. 

Peeping out of the window while parting the curtains slightly, I glanced at the people bustling about. The village was lively just like home, and eased the nervousness in me slightly. I was glad that I wasn't visible to curious onlookers though - I'm sure it wasn't every day a grand carriage was pulled through the streets and it had nearly everyone staring. 

We travelled a ways into the village and finally stopped in front of a big, circular, red building. The carriage door was opened and I stepped out along with Mother and Father and gazed up at the building that had the word 'Fire' written on it in bog, bold, letters. Mother and Father weren't looking around like tourists for they had visited Konoha a few times before but the big village and buildings had me gazing around with wide eyes.

My attention was then focused on an elderly man who stepped to us from the entrance of the red building. He wore white robes and a hat with the same fire symbol on it that had me guessing that he was the Hokage, the leader of Konoha. He regarded us with a warm smile as he welcomed us and we greeted him respectfully in return. He then ushered us to follow him into the building and to the meeting room on the second floor.

We were welcomed by an elderly couple who were seated on couches in the meeting room. We took seats opposite to them and Mother and Father proceeded with speaking of the alliance treaty with the Hokage and the village elders. I remained silent while listening to their conversation but zoned out someway throuhg, drifting into a day dream and wondering how my life would be in this village, what king of person my fiance was and so on.

I recalled that I would be marrying the son of the head of Konoha's Police Force. Surely the latter would be a stern person and it had me imagining my fiance to be stern and strict too. In all honesty, I didn't want to to live a life where the people around me would nitpick at everything - the thought of having a husband who would dominate and subjugate me was not comforting. It had me sighing inaudibly, chewing on my bottom lip as I wondered if accepting the alliance was really the best decision for me on a personal level. Nothing could be done now though so I was perhaps merely worrying about the inevitable unnecessarily.

My thoughts were interrupted by laughter. I noticed that Father had signed the alliance treaty and was handing it over to the Hokage - the discussion seemed to be done and had been concluded positively.

"Hokage sama, if it's not too much, we would like to meet the young man who is to take my daughter's hand in marriage," Father said with a smile.

I swallowed thickly when the Hokage agreed and had a shinobi head out to call for Uchiha Fugaku san and Uchiha Itachi san. The time we waited for them to arrive was filled with casual small talk but we fell silent when there was a sharp knock on the door followed by a voice announcing the arrival of Uchiha Fugaku san. Upon receiving permission to enter from the Hokage, a rather strict looking man strode into the room. I felt nervous under his presence. He bowed to Father and sent a stern glance my way that had me averting my eyes from him.

"It's an honor to meet you, Daitaro sama," he spoke crisply.

"It's an honor to meet you as well, Uchiha Fugaku san."

"This is my son, Uchiha Itachi, who will take your daughter's hand in marriage." Fugaku san's words had me looking to the door and at the boy my age who stepped into the room. My eyes went slightly wide at his appearance - he was everything I hadn't expected. He was very handsome, beautiful even, like a living sculpture carved into perfection.