Chapter 3 - Wedding

Emiko pov:

A hand shaking my shoulder gently woke me from my sleep. Opening my eyes, I saw a girl with blonde hair and bright green eyes smiling down at me. Cheerily, she said, "Hime sama, it's time to wake up and get ready for your wedding!"

All of what had happened yesterday rushed through my mind and a blush surfaced. I buried my face in my pillow while curling my toes at the thought of getting married to Itachi today. Sure, we were still strangers to each other but a wedding was a big thing for me, as it was for any other girl, and had me feeling flustered at the though of vowing my entirety to someone. Marriage in itself was such a holy event, the connection of hearts and families and hopes for a blessed future together. I couldn't help but consider myself blessed to be given the opportunity to marry and fulfil my duty as a princess and, going further from now, a person who would love and care for another wholeheartedly.

It was great responsibility but I was honored.

A poke on my shoulder had me snap out of my thoughts and glance at the attendant who was watching me with a teasing smile. She even said, "It looks like the princess has already fallen for the Uchiha Prince! Well, it's impossible not to." 

"Uchiha Prince, huh?" I mumbled as I sat up, gathering my hair over one shoulder.

"Of course!" she chimed. "He was given the title because he's perfect in every way - wouldn't you think so too, Hime sama? He's handsome, comes from a reputed clan and family and is a prodigy. There aren't any girls wo would not fall for him!"

Despite the truth in her words, I knew that there was much more than liking someone than merely from his looks and social status. Nonetheless, I couldn't entirely disagree that I hadn't been impressed by the two factors along with his amiable personality.

"I suppose," I said with a laugh and finally got off the bed to get ready for the wedding.

I had been informed that the wedding was to be held in the afternoon because of the preparation necessary - it wasn't just the arrangements that had to be made in the Uchiha Compound but I had to sit through several hours of massages, moisturizing and pampering to look my best during the wedding. I wasn't very fond of long hours of getting dressed but the occasion called for it and I mentally prepared myself to sit through it without complaining.

I was first taken to the a hot springs bath house in the Uchiha Compound where I was asked to soak in the hot water for an hour. Three women had come to assist me and helped me bathe, massaging my skin with sweet smelling oils, washing my hair and scrubbing my feet. After bathing, I was insisted to sit in a sauna for two hours to flush out toxins from my body and bring out the beauty glow.

"Ah, I didn't prepare this much even for my public debut at home," I mumbled while I sat in the sauna. I leaned back against the wall with a sigh.

Instead of being annoyed with the excessive pampering, I let my thoughts wander to Itachi and his family. I had met Itachi and Fugaku san. While Itachi had been nothing short of courteous, Fugaku san seemed a bit too steely. He seemed to be the type who would want perfection in everything and be incredibly frightening if he spotted a mistake. Then again, I was probably just assuming things that weren't true and he was a patient and nice man under the strict façade. I also wondered what kind of person Itachi's mother was and if he had any siblings. The thought of a younger brother or sister had me smiling since I immensely adored children and enjoyed spending time with them.

The two hours of steaming went by rather quickly thanks to my day dreaming and I was then wrapped up in a robe by my three attendants and escorted to a spacious room in the hot spring house. After drying off and a base layer of makeup, I was helped into my wedding dress - a beautiful white gown with embroidery on the upper half.