Chapter 13//

We both wake in the middle of the night from the sound of the door banging, we were sleeping on the couch and Lucious rushes to the door. He opens the door and my heart stops and my eyes can't process what's standing in front of them, my vision is focused on a fuming Anika that walks into the apartment.
"What are you doing here Anika?" Lucious says while rubbing his eyes and I could see him freaking him out. That's absolutely the last thing we both needed right now, Anika snaps back "What am I doing here? The question should be what are you doing here Lucious? and who's that whore by the couch?." I'm speechless, I can't believe what's happening right now. "Calm down Anika, I can explain all of this" Lucious fires back in an aggravated tone, her tone gets louder this time "Explain what exactly Lucious? That while I was working my ass off for your company, trying to make our marriage and you happy, you were here screwing her. I had my doubts for a while but I can't believe you just proved them right! How can you do this to me? After everything we've been through, you chose to bang some trash and destroy everything". I can't move from my place, I can't defend myself, I don't dare say anything at this moment, I feel like all the blood from my body as been drained. Lucious gets closer to her and she shoves him away making her way to me "Listen you gold digger, you stay away from my husband and anything related to him or trust me I'll make your life a living hell, I'll hurt anyone you ever loved, I'll ruin your chances of ever breathing again. Am I clear?" her words were like bullets, killing me one word at a time, I don't blame her reaction, I would've done the same thing but all her threats mean nothing to me, the only thing running through my mind was Lucious, the man that saved me and the man that could break me. I take a deep breath and finally manage to say "I'm sorry Anika, I'm sorry for everything, I'm sorry for being with your husband and sorry for doing this to your marriage" I apologize because that's the only thing I could do, I can't tell back, I can't defend myself or my relationship with her husband. Lucious finally snaps and yells "Enough!! I'm responsible for this and if there's anything you're gonna do Anika, you're gonna have to deal with me" he looks at me apologetically and tears stream down my face. What does all of that mean? What happens next? "I'll ruin you Lucious and everything you worked for" Anika snaps back and gathers herself heading towards the door, "Oh and one more thing, be ready for when he throws you on the street once he's done playing with you" she says looking at me. She shuts the apartment door loudly nearly breaking it, I finally manage to take a breath and Lucious stays in his spot stunned, neither of us speaks for the next ten minutes. "I'm sorry for this Lolita, I never meant for any of that to happen especially not that way" he breaks off the silence and I can't stop the tears streaming down my face, "What now Lucious? What is gonna happen?" I blurt out not even sure what to make out of my questions, I wouldn't be able to answer them myself. I don't know what to do now and I don't know what would happen to us.

a/n: I really apologize for taking all this time to update :( Please let me know what you think, I really appreciate any opinion I get! People have asked me why I didn't include Cookie in this fic and I didn't think I'd do Cookie any justice, she's a very unique person and it takes a genius to write her. As always, much love. Alexandra x