Chapter 16//

Lucious point of view

I leave the apartment with my heart on my sleeve, I still can't grasp the fact that Anika caught us, that it self is a nightmare and having to deal with her will be hellish. I can't stop thinking of Lolita and what she must be feeling right now, damn it that girl has already gone through hell and back, she unfortunately just became a collateral damage to my mess. I get in the car and drive to my mansion hoping that by the time I make it there Anika would have calmed down. I absolutely have no clue how its going to go with her, that could be an opportunity for it to end once and for all because that's what I've wanted ever since I met Lolita, the girl that changed my life and my view of it upside down, she breathed life into me and that is something I can't afford to lose not right now not ever.

I reach the mansion and gather my thoughts in one place, I get out of the car and my make my way to the door. When I walk inside, I see Anika with a glass in her hand sitting on the couch with a tear stained face. I move to sit next to her on the couch not sure exactly what to say so I just place my hand on her thigh and she shoves it away roughly, she looks at me and says " I knew it Lucious. I totally knew it when you stopped looking at me the same, when your touch became so distant and when your kiss meant nothing that there was someone else".

What a sad bunch of bullshit that just came out of her mouth, I shake my head and softly laugh " Anika you can't be serious about that, I stopped feeling love towards you when you found yourself in bed with my security guard, that boy we were about to sign, with the driver and yet I ignored it and forgave you over and over again every time you messed up. I don't know if I can continue doing this, why should we hurt each other and be in a dysfunctional marriage when we obviously want different things".

She looks at me as if I just slapped her, I might have did but verbally cause never in my lifetime have I ever laid a hand on a woman.

"You don't get it Lucious" she says in between sobs, I look at her and fire back " What don't I get? What do you want from me? Is it the money? Is it the power? Is it for show? Tell me exactly what I don't get and don't you dare say you love me because you've proven that contrary on many different occasions Anika".

Her eyes are focused on the glass now with tears streaming down her face, "So what does that mean Lucious?"

"It means each one of us will be on their own doing what they do but this time it's going to be guilt free and I will make sure that you get what you deserve and more but let me tell you one thing that I wont ever repeat again" Anika studies me while I continue to speak "You know so many things about my Empire and if anything gets out Anika trust me you'll be the first to blame and there's going to be harsh consequences. Don't forget that if anything happens to me, your family and yourself will also go down with me".

Anika digests whatever I just said and gets up from her seat "There's a special place in hell for people like you Lucious" she says as she walks away and I can't help but smile.

That was way easier than I thought it's gonna be, I thought she was going to drag this and I honestly thought she was gonna put a fight but guess I was wrong. Maybe she was as fed up as I was with this marriage and maybe that was her only chance of exiting it with a profit in her pocket. The first thing I want to do right now is text Lolita and let her know that I made my decision on the spot but I don't because I don't want to raise her hopes just incase Anika has some card she could use against me and complicate the divorce and truly the last thing I want right now is to drag Lolita in yet another Anika drama.

I go to the guest room, take off my shoes and text my lawyer letting him know that I need him to pass by the mansion first thing in the morning so I could proceed with the divorce. I place my phone on the nightstand and make my way to the shower because I could use some sleep right now to be able to go through tomorrow.