beneath the mask <prologue>

hello readers!! this is my new story!! its just the prologue but the real story will start soon! please read and comment!! remember comments are love! ^_^ hope you like it....no nasty comments please!  but constructive criticism is welcome!

PROLOGUE

The screams and shouts outside were intolerable. The revolution was taking place. What happened to the peace?

The vampires and humans lived peacefully, everything was well and good. Except for one day, when a scientist made the most tragic discovery in the hisrotry of mankind; female vampire's blood could heal any sickness, even aids and cancer. The human mind became greedy, and so the hunting began all around the world. In different countries, there was a massacre of the beautiful female vampires. At first the human failed miserably because of the vanpire's super strength and abilities, but soon, they invented a poison injection that would shut out the vampire's entire senses and abilities. They injected these poison in the form of bullets. Everything was so messed up. Within a week, more than a hundred female vampires were killed. It took 25 bodies to create a single antidote. Their mates couldn't do anything about it. Those who resisted or defended were killed on the spot. It went on for 3 months. Around 90 days of pure hell. The vampires were helpless.

After the 3 months, the killing ceased, after all they had enough antidote. You could see these medicines being sold in the pharmacies and in the black market. However, they were extremely expensive. The killing might have stopped but every now and then whenever they needed more, there would be screams and cries.

Hope was lost.

DURING THE HEART OF THE REVOLUTION:

Gun shots could be heard. The crying, the begging, the screams, the sadistic laughter, everything, penetrated through her ears. Frightened tears escaped her eyes as she ran for her life with a bundle in her hands. She hide from the searching party. The baby should not be killed, Robert loved her dearly, and he would want the baby alive as much as she want her to. She hid behind a dumpster as the group of humans ran past with the poison guns in their hands. She shuddered. After they passed, she ran as fast as she could. She didn't know where to go. She just ran in random directions, tears flood down her cheeks as she did. She must protect the baby. She must protect Aimee. She banged on random doors, but no one answered. She cried in frustration. The last house at the end of the block was quite homey-looking, it was old fashion house made of wood.

The men shouting and ordering could be heard clearer. They must be nearing. She gasped. She ran to the door and banged it several times.

"Please!!! I beg of you!!! Open this door!!!" she cried

She kept banging the door and at last a man in his late thirties opened the door. He was in his night suit. His eyes opened wide as he saw her. He knew immediately what she was. She quickly pulled him inside the house.

"What do you think you're-"

"Please kind sir!!!" she begged.

"I-"

She brought the baby to his face. "Look at her! she's only 9 months old!"

He looked and saw a perfect, tiny and beautiful baby sleeping soundly.

"She has a life to live, she can't end up like the rest of us!!" she begged with wide eyes.

"I'm sorry I-"

"She's only a baby!!! She's so small and frail! Please!!! Save my baby!!!" she fell on her knees and cried

The young man looked at the woman; she was beautiful just like the rest of them. She looked only around seventeen or eighteen, but he knew she was older than that. They never seem to age. Her body shook from crying. She was dressed in long flowing muslin dress, but it was all torn and patched with dirt because of all the running. His heart was filled with pity. He bend down and took the baby from the woman's arms, she stopped crying and stared at him.

"alright." He said

The woman beamed and hugged him

"Thank you!!! Thank you!!" she exclaimed

Her beautiful face lit up.

"Quick, we must hide the baby!" said the young man

"Wait, what is your name?"

The man looked at her for a while then answer. "I am Abbot."

"My name is Rosalind breeze." She said.

They went to the bedroom and kept the sleeping baby on the bed. Rosalind went to the baby and kissed it on the forehead for the last time. Tears came down her eyes. She unfastened a long silver chain around her neck and placed it in the baby's hand

"I love you Aimee" she said

After that, she came out of the bedroom and met Abbot waiting outside.

"Her name is Aimee Charlene." She said

Abbot nodded

"We must find a hiding place for you, I know one-"

"No."

He stared at her

"No, kind sir. My time ends here."

"What are you saying?"

"If I stay, I will endanger both your lives, I will not risk that, especially not my baby's."

"Then your husband should be-"

"He is dead, he died fighting to protect us...but, I think he would be happy if he lived to know that aimee is safe now."

He felt something painful inside him.

"I must go"

He nodded. She hugged him.

"Take care of my baby and thank you so much "

"Yes."

She smiled through her tears.

Then she turned and gracefully descended down the stairs. As soon as she stepped outside, a bullet shot her. She went down. Abbot, watching through the window, gasped in horror.

Abbot, can you hear me? Said a voice in his head.

Y-yes, he stammered

I've only got a few minutes left.

What is it?

I have one more favor to ask of you.

Yes?

Please....please love her like I would have loved her.

Tears escaped through his eyes, he quickly wiped them away. it was right then, he made a vow to protect her with his own life.

Of course, I will bring her up like my very own.

Her limp body was being dragged to the van, but he could make out a faint smile on her face.

Thank you abbot, thank you.

With that, he never heard her voice again.