A Rocky Start

I looked at the door. Waiting a little bit before opening it. I was not afraid of the black stained Magi. I just... His presence was... Just the feeling I got when I was near him was pain and sorrow. It hurt to be near him. I wanted, needed to be away from him. Sadly, that could not be avoided right now. I had to talk to him. It was an order and I have to follow them.

I opened the door and surprise, surprise! He was there. Sitting on my bed, eating some fruit. I could not tell which fruit, due to his hand covering it.

"Hey! Are you still in the clouds? Sheesh, what is up with you today, huh, Emii?" His usual sing-song voice rang through my room.

"Nothing. I'm fine. What is that you want to talk about?" I crossed my arms in stood in the doorway.

"Oh? Can I not be worried for the Kou Empire's dearest Emii? I just wanted to help you, that's all." Judar crossed his legs and put on a fake hurt expression.

"Do not give me that! You said 'punishment' if I do recall. So, what are you up to?" Judar had started laughing once I had finished my question.

"Oh, Emii, what makes you think I'm gonna do something? I just said punishment because those other slaves were staring. Or," His eye darkened and his smile grew wider. "is it you want me to hurt you? Hm?"

"Sorry, but I'm not like Master Kouha's personal maids. Anyway," I walked over to Judar and yanked him up off my bed. "get off my bed and get out of my room. If all you want to do right now is mess with me then it can wait till tomorrow." I tried to push him out, but he kept resisting.

"Now, now, who is the Master here? I am. You have no right to order me, Emii. I want to stay here and you can't tell me no. Got it?" He grabbed my arm and start to twist it. I will admit. It was kinda painful.

"Fine." I hissed out and yanked my arm out of his grasp.

I walked away from his now smiling figure. I laid down on my bed and tried to sleep, but Judar kept trying to talk to me. Why did I have to be the one he had to annoy? Why?

As I laid down, I felt a part of the bed sink in. My face turned red. Was he laying beside me?!

"Judar!" I flipped over to see where he was, but I all I saw was his head laying on my bed. His arms were crossed and acted like a pillow for his head as he laid there. His eyes were also closed. Although, I disliked him quite a bit I could not let the High Priest get sick. I grabbed one of my blankets and draped it around him. I looked down to his face.

"Why are they cuter when they sleep?" I giggled. "Probably because they do not speak." I took my hand and started to caress and rub his head. I continued to do this until I felt myself drift off. I placed my hand down beside his head and fell asleep.

*~*~*

I groaned as I felt the light hit my face. I moved my hand beside me, but felt nothing. No surprise. This was normal whenever Judar would stay the night. I sighed and got up from my bed. Unlike yesterday, the halls were quiet and I could not even hear the sounds of footsteps. I hurried and got dressed and packed for my mission. I could never let Lady Hakuei down. I had to do this.

I stood up and opened the door. I looked around to see if anyone was around. Luckily, no one was there. So, I grabbed my bag and headed for the gates of the palace. Today, was the day my search for the Magi Aladdin started.