Part 5

Myra’s pov

     I woke up later that night in my bed. *What happened to Rocky and why am I in my room?* I get up and go to my window thinking maybe I would catch a glimpse of Rocky but when I look out I see a different wolf. This one’s gray and smaller in size, giving the impression of being feminine. *And she seems to like the river. That’s her name* As if sensing me staring at her, the wolf turns her head toward my window and looks at me. I smile and give a little wave. As she begins to walk away I can’t help but say, “See ya, River.”

Next Afternoon

     I’m walking home from getting groceries again. School got out about a month ago and the seniors graduated. Bella and Edward also got married and are on their honeymoon. Don’t know where though it was a secret I wasn’t told.

     As I’m hiking back to the house I hear movement a distance away. I turn and see something sparkling. I take a step closer and see . . . *Edward? And is that . . . Bella? No it can’t be she’s too gorgeous and she’s sparkling and so is Edward.* Next thing I know they zoom away, leaving me to wonder if the second long occurrence was just my imagination. *No, that’s not something I would just imagine. . . I think I’ll just keep going home now.*

     As I approach the river I’m vaguely aware of Rocky waiting for me on the other side. My mind is elsewhere while I use the stones in the river to cross.

     When I reach the other side Rocky comes up and looks at me with a look that would be taken as anxious on a human.

     I give a laugh. “Don’t worry, buddy. I’ve taken those stones for years I could cross them sleepwalking.”

     I go up to my porch and see a couple of foxes. “Hey, Kit. Hey, Roxy. Give me a sec. I’ll be right back.” I walk in set my bag on the couch and head to another pantry. This one’s filled with food just for my animal friends. I head back and pour some of their favorites into two separate bowls. Don’t want them fighting. (A/N I have no clue what foxes eat and am too lazy to do research. Sorry xD.)

     After Rocky’s had his snack he leaves. *Guess he just came to check in.* I smile at the thought of having a protective wolf friend.

     It’s just starting to get dark so I decide begin dinner. As I walk into the house I glance over my shoulder to see an unexpected sight. I see a gray wolf limping into the clearing covered in blood. “Oh my goodness. River, are you okay?"

     Her brown eyes meet mine for a second before she slumps to the ground. “~gasp~ I gotta get you inside.” I gently try to pick up the wolf but she’s just too dang big and heavy to carry. So I go into the house and drag out a dog bed. One of those that is big and padded and fluffy. Hey I’m an animal lover. Gotta have the basics.

     I drag her onto the bed and slowly drag her into the house. Then I examine the damage. She’s got a few puncture wounds. Never seen any like these and her ribs and foreleg are broken. I set the bones and bandage the wound before leaning back to look at my work. *I have a gorgeous wolf room that’s been badly injured in my living. Guess she’s gonna be here for a while.*

     That night I slept on the couch in case River woke up.