Part 9

"Huh. Hii."

     "Let's see we've got Paul, Jared, Embry, Quil, Jake, Brady, Rachel and Kim." Rocky introduces.

     "You're soaking wet! What were you guys doing? Dancing in the rain?" One speaks up, Embry.

     "Actually, that's exactly what little Miss Rain over here was doing. That and skipping." Rocky sends a teasing smile my as as he tells the others.

     Kim comes up to shake my hand and asks "So how do you know these two?" She has a nice smile that makes you feel welcome. "Well I've known Rocky for a couple months. I met his wolf in the forest and I found River wounded last night. Then kinda found her human form in my house this morning. After the lovely experience of fainting from shock, I found her and Rocky talking and well, here we are."

     "Rocky? River? You talking about Sam and Leah?" Jared speaks up.

     Leah sends a small smile over Rocky's shoulder as he reaches out to shake my hand. "Oh right, name's Sam." A tingle runs up my arm from our joined hands and he has a warm smile as I look into his brown eyes.

     Before he or I can say anymore Jake says "So you know our deep dark secret Miss Rain?" he smirks.

     I give a giggle as I say "You know my names not really Rain. I'm Myra everybody. " I give a little wave. "I just love the rain as much as I love the forest and my animal friends." I pause for a few seconds. "That being said would anyone mind if I headed back outside, I'd just be in the front yard."

     For an unknown reason I feel myself look towards Rocky for approval. "I'll go with you" he suggests.

     "Cool," I smile at him and start backing towards the door. I send my smile towards the others, over my shoulder in farewell.

     As we step out the door my pace slows, my enthusiasm slightly dampened by the lack of precipitation. Although the water is no longer falling from the clouds above, the drops on the ground are still sparkling from atop the blades of grass, giving a fairytale effect.

     "Yet another great part about rain is the after effects it leaves. Isn't it beautiful?" My smile has broadened when I look at Rocky.

     He grins back at me and replies "It is a wonderful sight. . ." We stand there enjoying our surroundings for a while when he starts talking. "Um, I'm sorry I kept this from you for so long. I-I'm sure you must feel uncomfortable around me now that it turns out I'm actually a person. I completely understand i-if you want me to stop visiting you now."

     That's when I have to interrupt, "Are you kidding?! You're my best friend! It seemed really pathetic since you used to be just a wolf. But now you've proven I can actually be social with people. Well kind of." I pause here kind of awkward before continuing "You know what I mean."

     "You'd never be considered pathetic! Just know that you're a special friend to me as well." Ad he finishes his sentence, I hear a distant rustling from the forest. Suddenly a loud howl pierces the air and Rocky's expression changes into worry. "Rain, I need you to go inside." as he starts talking the guys and Leah run past us. "And I would love it if you could please just wait with Kim and Rachel until we get back. Please." he says one last time before following his pack into the woods.

     "Come on Myra, let's watch a movie." I hear Kim call from the door. I take one look into the trees before I turn around and walk inside, worry for my new friends eating me.