Part 16

We get to meet Billy! ! ! !

"Hey Dad. We've got a few questions. " Jake hollered into the house.

A black haired man with black eyes and russet colored skin rolled into the front room. His eyes were wide with joy matched only by his smile. He rolled his wheelchair over and dragged his son down into a hug. After releasing the embrace he looks toward me. Shock becomes evident on his face. "Sylvia? !"

"You knew my mother?" My voice is barely audible.

"You look so much like her. We went to school together. We were real close until she left with her im- her husband. I didn't realize she had come back. Why hasn't she visited? You should tell her to stop by." He looks excited at the idea.

My gaze lowers "Actually, she's not here anymore. She and my dad, um, died in a car accident two years ago. Sorry to tell you." Sam steps forward and places a hand on my shoulder.

"We were hoping you might be able to explain something." Sam changed the subject.

"Of course." His eyes are misty. "Any daughter of Sylvia's is part of the tribe. What can I do to help?"

"Oh, um." I clear my throat. "Right. So, Mr. Black, to put it simply, I could understand Jake."

"Please call me Billy." He smiles. "However, I'm not sure I understand what's so unusual. Unless. . . " He leaves his sentence unfinished and sends a questioning look towards Sam.

"Oh, yes, Myra knows about us. What's weird is that she heard Jake yelling while he was in was in wolf form." Sam explains.

"Well that's different." He thinks for a while.

Paul bursts in. "It didn't work with Rachel. I tried apologizing while still wolf but she just got confused and angrier. I had to shift in order for her to understand me. So it's not because of imprinting. "

Imprinting again.

Sam's hand tenses. I look at his guarded expression. He quickly tries to cover, "So any ideas Billy?"

After another pause, he says, "How much do you know about your parents?"

I blink. "Huh?"

He sighs before starting. "Sylvia Turner was born and raised in La Push. At the age of 17 she shifted for the first time. One day she came to my house and told me she had imprinted. She ended up leaving with him before anyone ever met the man. Sylvia claimed the pack wouldn't approve and that the only way was for them to leave. I guess she stopped shifting not long after that to have you. It's possible you inherited her ability to speak within the pack. Wouldn't be surprised if you have some other enhancements as well."

"Well that somewhat makes sense. So I'm half wolfshifter. Cool." I'm surprised the Cullens were so close. And they didn't know? "Shouldn't you guys and the vampire Cullens been able to tell the difference?"

Leah answers "You smell like any other human to me."

"My guess is that your scent isn't affected since you are only half and you haven't shifted." Jake adds.

All I can say is "Oh."

Paul's phone starts playing "Poison" and he rushes to answer it. "Hey Rache. What's up?"

I can hear her response "Hey are you all going to be here soon? The foods starting to run out and I wanted to do another movie marathon."

My look and feel of horror are instant. I hear myself call "We'll be right there Rache!"

"Okay. See you soon. Love you. Bye."

"Love you too, bye." Paul responds. He looks towards us after he hangs up.

"Well I guess that's our queue to go. Thank you so much Billy. It was nice meeting you."

"Anytime Myra. Feel free to visit." He responds as I walk over to give him a hug.

Our group walks out and we hesitate outside the door. "How bout you guys go ahead? And start watching movies. I'll go grocery shopping and meet you there."

They all nod their heads in agreement except for Sam. "I'll go with you. With how much food you ought to get, you'll need help carrying it all.

We start to separate but Leah lingers "Want me to come with you?"

I look towards Sam who's waiting a little ways down the road having started walking. "Nah. You go have fun. I want to talk with Rocky anyway."

She leaves with an easy "okay."