Part 14

Myra's POV

     I'm making breakfast for everybody. Sam had called for the rest of the pack and they were on their way. Paul and Jared were fooling around in the living room. The TV was on but they were obviously not paying attention.

     After I put a batch of muffins in the oven, I have a moment to pause in my work. Rocky is sitting in one of the stools around the island and it's then that my curiosity gets the best of me. "So you guys are working together with the cold ones?"

     Sam stares at me wide eyed and I can hear the two have frozen in the other room. He breaks eye contact. "Uh. I don't know what you're talking about." I can almost picture him whistling in his attempt to be inconspicuous.

     "Oh please. They even sparked, for goodness sake! It's rather obvious that the Cullens are vampires. I'm just surprised you were so civil towards each other. Based on what you told me earlier, shouldn't you be natural enemies?"

     He sighs giving in and says "We've created a treaty with them. Their main diet is animal blood." I can't help but flinch at the thought of innocent friends being hurt. "Basically we each stay to our side of the border and we get along fine enough.  Things are going to be different now, though, thanks to Jake."

     "Yeah. I heard something about his imprint. Who is it?" I can't contain my excitement for my friend.

     Where do you get off ditching my sister last night, Paul?!" Jake's voice growls from outside.

     "Oooh, Paul's in trouble~" I tease.  Sam looks at me weird before I follow the guys out to meet the others.

     Jake walks out of the tree line zipping his shorts. "Rachel isn't happy Paul. I guess you weren't there when she woke up?" He raises his eyebrow and crosses his arms in a challenging manner.

     I can hear Paul's anxious, "I guess she didn't hear me when I said goodbye." as Sam turns toward me, "How'd you know?"

     I'm confused a moment. "What? About the Cullens? I already told you I-"

     "No. Not that. About Jake and Paul." Everyone's listening now.

    "Jake was yelling at him" even i can hear the 'duh~' in my voice. There's a slightl pause.

     "Uh. Heh. Myra. I was still in wolf form."

     That takes a little while to sink in. "But. Uh. You're still able to talk right? I mean you are still people right." My voice trails off as their expressions have already answered me.

     Another awkward silence.

     Suddenly everyone starts ten different conversations at once. Surprisingly I'm able to hear Quil's whispered. "You think it has to do with imprinting? Has anyone ever really been wolf around one before?" Imprinting?

     "Alright!" Sam's voice raises above everyone else. His obvious tone of authority sends shivers down my spine. "Myra. I think it's time you met Billy. You guys can relax a bit but stay on alert. From what I gather, the Cullens are going to have visitors. We can't have them hunting on our grounds. Quil, Brady, I want you on patrol."

     Seeing their shoulders slump, I say, "Before you go, have some breakfast. I cooked some eggs and a second batch of muffins are in the oven. Just take 'em out when the timer goes off. You all can hang out if you like. Although Paul, you should probably talk to Rachel. Ooh! Why don't you invite her over?! And Kimmy too Jared! There's plenty of food in the pantry. Just leave the animal stuff and we could always get some more. And. . . What?" They're all staring at me and Jake looks completely shocked.

     "I think that's the most I've ever heard you say."

     I start fidgeting. "I just wanted everyone to be comfortable. And I thought you'd like to be around your imprints. And I like the girls too of course. And after last night I figured you all eat a lot so -"

     Sam comes forward grinning. "It's nothing bad, Rain. You just surprised us."

     "You could practically be the pack mom, you're such a natural hostess." Embry jokes. Everybody gets a laugh out of that. Still smiling the group goes separate ways.

###############################################################

     Yay! I actually posted two parts in one day! See I'm catching up! :D

      So this one was mostly just explanations for Myra and I wanted to start moving toward the actual uniqueness of my story. Enjoy!~