Part 15

"I think I'll go with you," Leah comes toward Sam and me.

     "Me too," Jake speaks.  "It's been a while since I've seen Pops. Not since Nessie. "

     "Nessie? No offense Jake, but your imprint has the same name as the Loch Ness Monster? " Sam's pulled me walking and we are now heading on our way.

     "Actually her real name's Reneesme. It's a mouthful so I gave her a nickname and it's stuck. "

     "How's that spelled? "

     "R-E-N-E-E-S-M-E"

     "Reneesme? Hm." I think about that for a while. Wonder where that came from. Ren like the bird? Naw that would be weird.  Hm.. . Suddenly Renee! Like Bella's mom. What about the rest.  Renee-sme. Meh? May? Maybe.  Sme. Esme! No way!

     "Jake!" I've stopped dead in my tracks. "You imprinted on Bella's kid didn't you. Aww man. I haven't even met her and you've already put a claim on her. Dang! She can't be that old can she. Must be a vamp thingy. So she's a half-vamp huh? Ohh I bet Eddy's mad at you aye?" I'm smirking as I start skipping now.

     I start going backwards as he replies,  rubbing his neck.  "Yeah. Bella nearly ripped my head off too. Seth's the reason I'm still here." A snarl rips out of Leah's throat.

     Before I can ask the three are suddenly out of new. "Rain!" "Myra!" I'm now staring at the nice pretty tree top canopy.  My back is cushioned by the clover flooring, some of the morning dew soaks through my shirt. After a couple failed attempts of Rocky helping me up, I see a fallen redwood is the reason for my mishap.  My backwards skipping probably didn't help.

     Finally back on my feet, I lean down to place my hands on the moist bark. "Sorry Mr. Tree. If I could I'd help you stand again to make up for it. " A little warmth runs through me at my words.

     Smiling, Rocky reaches a hand towards me. "Come on Rain. Let's keep going. "

    Grabbing his hand we start walking again.  "So we're going to see Jake's dad?"

     "Yup" He pipes up behind me.

     "He's also an elder. Like my mom." Leah says.  "So if we ever have a question we go to them. Like when we found out about Bella being preggo."

     "Really?"

     "Yeah. We weren't there though. I um decided that no matter what I wouldn't-couldn't let Bella get hurt.  So I broke from the pack. Leah and Seth followed. "

     "Bella get hurt?!" My horror was obvious.

     Sam quickly tries to ease it saying "We weren't sure if the thing- Reneesme" He fixes his wording at Jake's low growl, " would be a danger to the tribe.  After consulting with the elders, it was decided that we should wait it out. Now that she's imprinted on, she is eternally safe from harm by the pack." Jake has a smug grin at the mention of his imprinting.

     With a smile of my own, I look back in front of us. There is a small house, I'd imagine it having only a few rooms. Still, it looks quite cozy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Wow! Thank you guys so much for the following and comments! I am so terribly sorry for such an extremely long delay.  I hope to actually get back on a role during the holidays. Anyway hope you enjoy this chapter =D