Chapter 7

Chapter 7-

You would think that after moving to the ultimate vacation destination the need to travel would cease to exist, but not even Santa Monica can steady a wandering heart. As Spencer sets his bags down in the doorway of the living room, I cross my arms and huff, giving him my best pout. His blue eyes crinkle in slight exasperation, starting to feel a little bullied at this point. We'd already argued a couple of times over the past few days about him going, and unfortunately it would seem that Spencer was the one coming out on top.

"Come on Tatum, don't give me that look." He pleads, and I look away from him and fix my stare to the corner of the room. Pretend to find the turquoise walls more fascinating. "I can't NOT go."

"Sure you can't." I say sarcastically, still refusing to look at him. Spencer has done a lot of things before, things I've forgiven him for, but he's never betrayed me like this before.

"I already promised to bring you back a bunch of souvenirs." He coaxes, trying to win me over with his supposed return with goodies.

"Its not the same as going myself and buying them, and you know it." I argue, and his shoulders begin to sink with defeat.

"Oh come on, Tatum. Ease up on the poor man, I told you I'll take you to Disneyland this weekend." Brendon says walking in from the kitchen and plopping down on the couch next to me. He shifts to put his feet in my lap and looks at me expectantly.

"We both know that it's not the same. Disneyland is shit compared to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and you know it Urie." I snap, glaring at him. "And I thought you were supposed to be on my side."

"I'm always on your side, but that doesn't mean I can't ask you to throw Spence a bone. You've been rough on the poor guy ever since you found out. It's been three days, can't you take a break from beating him down?" Brendon asks.

"You know I love you, Um." Spencer says coming over and wrapping his arms around me in a tight bear hug. He begins peppering my face with kisses and starts using a nonsensical baby voice, in his best attempt to win me over. "I'll bring you back a wand and some robes and a box of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans."

"I want chocolate frogs and sugar quills too." I relent, no longer able to resist Spencer's adorable baby face.

"And I promise to bring you back plenty of both! And I'll miss you everyday I'm gone." Spencer says giddily, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me in close. I want to roll my eyes at his excitement, but his stupid grin is infectious, so I opt to pressing my face into his chest in an attempt to hide my own lips curling up at the corners. God dang it Spencer, I just love you too much to be mad at you.

"You should probably go before I change my mind and beg you to stay here. Besides don't you have a flight to catch?" I ask him once he's unattached himself from me, looking down at the carpet and biting down on my lip as the growing anxiety of knowing Spencer will be gone for four days sets in. Spencer's my rock, and who's gonna take care of me while he's gone? Certainly not can't-cook-for-shit Urie. All the cooking responsibilities would rest on Dallon's irrationally high off the ground shoulders.

"A flight to catch and a girlfriend to pick up. I'm just waiting on my Uber to get here, then we'll head over to Linda's to pick her up and make good time for the plane at LAX." He says, shouldering his duffle bag and pulling up the extendable handle of his suitcase. His phone pings suddenly, and he pulls it out of his pocket before exclaiming that his Uber would be pulling up any second now.

"Do you need help with your bags, bro?" Brendon asks, hopping up from the couch quickly and following Spencer to the front door. I refuse to move from the couch, and would have promptly ignored Spencer's exit had he not loudly yelled, "I love you Tatum Renee'.." from the front doorway.