Chapter 7.

Syden's POV.

"RACH!" I yelled running down the corridor.

I ran into the bathroom and she wasn't there, now I was running through the halls.

I ran outside and walked to the back of the building and found her sitting against the wall with a cigarette in between her fingers and smoke coming out of her mouth.

"Rach?" I whispered while I walked towards her.

"Oh hey Sy." she said in a voice where she sounded fine, but I knew she was faking it.

"You okay?" I asked taking a seat next to her.

"Yeah, why?" She asked in a fake shocked voice.

"Well because you only smoke when your upset, and you just ran out of the cafeteria." I said giving her a straight face.

"Oh that." she said bringing the cigarette up to her mouth and took a long drag before blowing out the smoke.

"Yes, oh that." I said trying to do an impression of her.

"You want some?" She said offering me her cigarette and trying to change the subject.

"Yes, but stop trying to change the subject." I snapped grabbing the cigarette and took a drag, I only smoked on occasion. I did it when I was stressed but I wasn't badly addicted. I stared after Tyler and I stopped being friends.

"Well Billy was being a dick and I was annoyed." she shrugged, "I think I'm starting my period soon too, so I'm premenstrual." she chuckled, taking out another cigarette because the one I was smoking was almost finished.

"Here." I said giving back her cigarette but she shook her head and lit her new one. "Rach, I know how you feel," I mean Tyler is with someone new every single day and I have to pretend like I don't care but I do, but I would never admit that out loud.

"I know you do. That's why we best friends because we just get each other." she said shoving my shoulder playfully.

"You wanna skip the rest of the day?" I asked. "We can go shopping, I need new clothes, it's Winter soon."

"Winter is like 2 months away." she chuckled.

"Exactly, so we need to go now, or else when it is winter the prices will be ridiculously high." I said getting up and threw the cigarette on the floor and crushed it with my boot.

"Fine, and then we can get ice cream." Rachel said hopping up and grabbed her bag, but still had her cigarette in her mouth.

"You might want to finish that, no smoking in my car, my mom would kill me if she found out I smoked." I said pointing at the cigarette.

"Oh right." she said taking a long drag then crushed the cigarette under her foot. "Let's go." she said intwining our arms.

"Do you have gum?" I asked when we go in the car.

"Yeah." she said rummaging through her hand bag.

"You seriously need to clean that thing." I said pointing at her bag and started the car.

"What wrong with it." she said still looking for gum.

"Well it's a mess, you have like 100 pieces of paper in it, old candy wrappers, make-up and what is that, ew! Why do you have a squashed banana in your bag! That's disgusting." I said using my free hand to block my nose.

"Oh I forgot about that." she muttered.

"You know what just forget about the gum." I faked smiled.