Chapter 7 - Amon

I tug at the ropes tightly bounding my wrists and try to move my hands in front of me. I grunt as I'm pushed to the ground by the Equalist watching over us, Bolin yells out but it is muffled by the gag in his mouth. We go silent as another Equalist comes down and pulls up, the leader of the Triple Threat Triad. He is taken onto the stage and we could just make out the crowd booing. Minutes later he is carried through the room and chucked to the side, he looked so weak but didn't have a scratch on him. He turns to us barely able to lift his head, "They took my bending away."

My eyes widen as I look at Bolin, I start to struggle harder to get out of my bounds. I'm one of only five Airbenders in the world, I cannot have my bending taken away. The Equalist groans, he cocks his leg back and kicks into my stomach, I squeal in pain but it is muffled by the gag. He bends down next to me with a smirk, "You won't be able to hurt us anymore, Bender Filth. So, stop trying to get away because Amon is about to cleanse you."

He grabs the scuff of my clothing and pulls me up as the others are prodded onto the stage. He forced me to stand on my feet and pushes me after the others, " The era of bending is over. A new era of Equality has begun!" We walk up onto the stage and I look out at the large crowd, they looked at us with hatred. The four of us are pushed to our knees, I blink as tears start to fill my eyes. I can't lose my bending, I would dishonour my Grandfather if I lost the gifts he bestowed onto our family. 

We watch helplessly as the other two captives are forced to fight Amon, only to end with them losing their bending. They release Bolin and he stumbles in front of Amon, his legs shaking in fear. I struggle against the ropes and shout trying to get them to stop. Amon's eyes flicker to me, "Master Nini of the Air Nomads," He mutters, the crowd gasps and I stare at the masked man. He points at me, "Her first."

"No!" Bolin yells as he is grabbed by the other Equalists. He pushed back to his knees as he watches them untie and remove the gag. I stand up and walk in front of Amon, he looks me up and down as I start at him unwavering. Though my body wanted to shake and my voice wanted to scream, I suppressed those feelings so I could keep my mind clear for the fight ahead. 

"It seems we have a special guest," Amon announces the crowd, he turns back to me and starts walking towards me. I bring my hands together and put my right foot backwards, I throw my hands forward and a large blast of wind hits Amon. He falls backwards and rolls to land on his knee, he stands up unfazed by the attack. I run towards him and kick, he dodges the gust of air and grabs my ankle throwing me to the ground. I land on my hands and quickly flip back onto my feet, we stare at each other until I start to feel my body getting tighter. Every muscle in body cramps up, I moan in pain and Amon walks towards me. He focuses me onto my knees and pulls my head back, I try to fight back but I couldn't move my body. I have felt nothing like this before and with each moment my fear grew. As he lifted his hand above my head, a loud explosion sounds through the building. Amon turns away from me and I feel my body release, I fall to the ground exhausted.

I roll onto my back and take deep breaths as a mist covers the stage, "Quick Ni, get up!" Bolin says grabbing under my arms, I push myself up and grab Bolin's hand. We start navigating our way through the mist but an Equalist stands in our way, he attempts to Chi block us but Mako appears from the mist and throws our attacker over his shoulder. Mako looks at us relieved, "Mako, I love you."

"Nini are you alright?"Mako questions, I nod and the older brother starts to guide us our the back door. We reach a fire escape, Mako goes down the ladder first then me and finally Bolin. An Equalist equipped with shockers stands at the head of the ladder, he grabs his weapon and swings it above his head. I backflip off the ladder as he slams the electrical sticks into the metal ladder. The boys fall to the ground and the Equalist jumps down. He swings his weapons towards me but I evade him by cartwheeling out of the way. I swing my legs underneath me, a wind gust knocks him to the ground. Bolin starts to fight him but he is electrocuted by the Equalists, Mako attempts to help his brother but suffers the same fate. 

He turns to me, "You benders need to understand, there's no place in the world for you anymore." I glare at him and rush towards him, he attempts to evade me but flip beside him. I blast him while upside down and he goes flying into the brick wall, he slides down and stares at me. I turn to Korra as she rushes to my side.

"I wouldn't count us out yet." Korra states. She calls Naga and we quickly escape while we have the chance.