Chapter 12 - Submission

I didn't want to see Bolin or Korra even though I know I should be there to support my friends but I felt ashamed. I acted rude just to make Bolin like me and I don't even know if it worked. I groan and fall against eh hard concrete. I had been on the roof of the stadium for a few hours after I decided not to attend the game. I knew it was over but I didn't feel comfortable leaving the roof just yet. I turned as I heard raised voices, I crept over and saw Mako and Korra kissing on the balcony. I gasped and got up as I noticed the younger boy staring at the embraced figures. My stomach dropped as I watched Bolin burst into tears. I jumped down and ran after him passing Mako and Korra. 

"Bolin this isn't what you think!" Mako yells after his running figure. I tried to run faster but with my body still healing, I felt every one of my muscles going into overdrive. I started to get puffed as I tried to keep up with him but as I reached the middle of the city, I saw no sign of which way Boling went. I looked around concerned, I knew how he left, he had been doing it to me for weeks but I still cared for him and wanted to comfort him. 

I cut my losses and returned back to the Temple when Korra finally arrived home, so attempted to talk to me but I kept my back to her. I had every right to be annoyed at her, she went after our friend who she knew had a girlfriend and when she couldn't get the guy she wanted she lead Bolin on. She took his naive sense of love and broke it into a million pieces. As the night turned into morning, I found that my anger had not subsided. With all that had happened to me recently, I couldn't blame myself. 

I swung out of bed and found, Lena curled up at the end of it. I walked over to her surprised, she never liked sleeping on my bed and preferred the one I made for her out of old pillows that sat on a chair in my room. Over the last few weeks, she was starting to get slower and I was starting to fear the worst. My Father always told me that a Flying Lemur is one of the most loyal animals in the world. After Lena and I formed our bond, I had no doubts that he spoke falsely. Because right now, I could feel that her time was nearing its end. 

I pat her head and she swats my hand away with her small paw. She slowly wakes up and crawls up my arm and then onto my shoulder. She licks my cheek and started playing with my hair as I put my robes on. I passed Korra, in the hallway who tried to talk to me but I simply ignored her. I had my morning meditates to begin again. 

I walked into the changing rooms of the arena after my long trip here. I don't think I'll ever get used to using the ferries. I could feel the heavy awkwardness in the room and It was obvious as they played their game. The rift was between the brothers forcing Korra to carry the team, I continued to cheer but It was growing worrying until Korra was finally able to win the game for the team. 

Bolin was hurt and Mako had been knocked out, the threesome looked at me strangely as I danced around them as new found wind of life. The heavy rift was lifted as I shared a smile with Korra and the boys, we are teenagers. It's only natural for us all to fight but I wish Bolin hadn't gotten in between Korra and I because truthly, I only knew them because of her. I was happy and I haven't been able to say that since I lost my airbending. 

I shyly helped Bolin over to the bench as Korra came to heal him. I stepped away and started putting his stuff in his locker for him, I turn to the two as I felt their eyes on me. Bolin blushes and looked away as Korra smile between the two of us. I smiled brightly and held in a small squeal. My heart started thumping and I thought I everyone could hear it, I accidently slammed his locker shut with startled everyone. I awkwardly backed against it, "Ah oops. I- ah, just remembered I have to help my Mum with the nursery thing." 

"This late at night?" Mako mutters confused, I nod furiously and blush as everyone watches me slowly back out of the room. 

"Yeah, she's a night owl and pregnant people are weird so I'm gonna head off," I give them all a bright smile before running out of the room. In the moment, I found myself doing multiple flips down the hallway. I had so much energy and so many thoughts running through my head, I thought I was going to burst.