Chapter 16 - Welcome to Air Temple Island

"You're finally here!" Ikki says excited as my siblings, Korra and I wait for our friends. Asami, Mako and Bolin walk down the ramp as the Air Acolytes manage the ship. They smile at us all and my youngest sister runs up to them, "Welcome to Air Temple Island, your new home."

Meelo walks up behind her with a relaxed face, "Yes, welcome to my domain." He says pointing at himself, I laugh at them as Ikki takes my hand. Bolin glances at me and smiles, my face heats up as I hide my giggle with my hand. He had a duffle slung over his shoulder and I could see his muscles more clearly. He bends down in front of Meelo. 

"Well, aren't you a sweet little Monk child?" He says leaning forward slightly. Pabu reveals himself and jumps down going between Meelo's legs. He comes to me and sniffs me before going to Naga. They sniff each other then Pabu puts a paw on Naga's face. I share a small smile with Korra as we watch the adorable scene. I turn back to my brother who had his face between his legs starting at where Pabu had gone. 

"What's that fuzzy creature?" He asks standing straight. Jinora quickly tells him about Fire Ferrets while Ikki lets go of my hand and start to muck around with Meelo. Jinora just blocks her ears, I'm so thankful I am mostly independent and I'm not forced to stay with my siblings all day. It would drive me mental, I have great patience but they break even my father's. 

I turn back to my friends, Mako smiles at Korra and me, "Thank you for sending the Air Acolytes to help us move." I watch as two of them carry large stacks of luggage, I wouldn't even be able to fill a bag with my possessions. How could someone own so much?!

"I thought you were only bringing a few things?" Korra questions as the stack almost fell onto her. Mako states that it could have been worse, I just can't understand their need to own so much. 

"It's no problem, everyone here wants you to feel welcome," I say. We start walking up to the island passing through the gates, I watch my brother from the corner of my eye. He was doing some creepy stuff to Asami, he stares up at her with adoring eyes. As the older girl stares down at him confused, he holds out his hand. 

"You're pretty, can I have some of your hair?" My mouth drops and I scold him as he runs away from me. I apologise to Asami who just laughs it off as Mako wraps his arm around his girlfriend's waist. 

"Looks like I have some competition," He says jokingly as I laugh at my brother's antics. He was never good at behaving but it made him charismatic, he was a good people person but tried to act like the boss due to him being the only boy. He got his way mostly with Ikki and Jinora but he has learnt that I don't put up with it. 

"And now for the grand tour!" Ikki points to different areas. "The flying bison sleep in those caves down there, and that's the temple Grandpa Aang built, and that's the greenhouse where we grow the vegetables we eat"

"I have a couple of questions" Bolin speaks up. Ikki stops smiling and looks at him, he attempts to copy her quick talking. "Is this an all-vegetarian island? Is this where you train airbending? Do we have to wear Air Acolyte clothes? Do we each get our own sky bison? And final question, how many trees are on the island?" He then bends down and looks at Ikki.

"Yes. Yes. No. No, and Ummm.." She starts, she stops for a second then looks at me. I quickly answer the last question, she knows it but I guess she's having a mind blank. 

"Ten thousand five hundred and fifty-two" I finish. They look at us quietly with surprise. Bolin smiles at me again and moves closer, I blush as I panic by stepping away and mutter. "Haven't you counted the trees?"

"So where are we going to be staying?" 'Mako asks.

"You're a boy" Everyone turns to Meelo. I glance at him as his shoulders fall, my heart twinges at the sight "Boys have to stay on the boy's side"

"I'd be happy to show you to the men's dormitory," Jinora says sweetly. Mako and her start walking toward the dormitory.

"I'm a boy!" Bolin runs after them leaving us behind. I watch his retreating figure, we need to talk about what happened on that airship but even though we kissed, I am scared it didn't mean anything. I've had too much pain in the last couple of months.

"Meelo, why don't you go with the boys too?" Korra suggests.

He looks up at Asami and moves away "We shall meet again soon beautiful woman", he then runs after the boys and Jinora.

"We'll take you to your room this way" Ikki, Korra and I start walking to the girl's dormitory with Asami to show her her new home for a while. It was a quiet walk and small talk filled the air but I was too focused on my panic with Bolin. He was so kind, I didn't have any reason to fear a relationship with him. 

"Asami, did you know Korra likes Mako?" Ikki says out of nowhere. My eyes open in shock and I snicker. I glance between the two older girls as the air becomes thick. Korra's eyes were as wide and she looked so embarrassed. 

"Oh, uh, I wasn't completely aware of that" Asami says uncomfortably, I would hate to be in this situation I'm glad I didn't develop a crush on Mako. Korra grabs Asami and pulls her toward the room. I quickly follow behind not wanting to get stuck outside the room. We get in and Korra slams the doors on Ikki. She then turns to us with an awkward smile, I try to hold in my laughter at the poor girls.