Chapter 2

Louis' P.O.V

I high fived Grange as we scored the winning goal, Niall was throwing a little fit and i laughed at him. Farrah was still gossiping away, probably about me and Harry. Or maybe just Harry. Liam was sat with Farrah, munching on his apple. He was playing but said he needed to eat so i continued playing with one less player on my team.

"That was a good match" Johnny breathed as he bent over, taking deep breaths, trying to catch his breath while infront of me and Grange.

"I dont think, he's so happy about it though" i nodded in the direction of James, he was the captain of the football team. I was on the team but my mum pulled me out because of my lack of studying. James glared at us as he ranted to his team mates animatedly, with a red face.

"He needs to get over it, he may be my team captain but he doesnt have a very good temper" Grange said, sitting on the grass, i soon followed then Niall joined.

"Does he have anger issues or something?" I scoffed, watching James grab one of his team mates water bottles then kicked it a far distance away in anger.

"His mum has been taking him to therapy lately, so im guessing yes" Grange nodded as he watched along with me.

"Its a shame, he was a very good captain" i said, picking at the grass. Niall then piped up.

"I think coach is planning on giving someone else James' place" he said with excitement, "And i think he'll even get a new player and kick James off" Grange scoffed.

"Taking James' title away is enough, i dont think coach will actually kick him off the team" he stated. James was starting to head over so we all went quiet, watching as the bulky teen marched over with a determined look. His eyes were on me for some reason and, when he reached us, he grabbed the coller of my shirt and brought my face close to his roughly.

"You may have one this match but you could never beat me in a real match" he hissed, punching my jaw then dropping me to the ground and leaving. I watched his back in confusion as i cupped my jaw, that really hurt.

"Lou! Are you alright?!" Farrah came running over, kneeling down next to me when reaching me and inspecting my jaw.

"Im fine, it just hurts" i admitted, "He's a jerk" she laughed a little, letting go of my face and sitting back.

"He's fine, everyone!" She raised her arms as if to stop an imaginary crowd from coming near me, i laughed.

"Mate, what was all that about?" Liam asked, i didnt even notice him approaching.

"We won that stupid match and he threw a hissy fit, thats what" Grange stated, standing up and offering his hand towards me. I accepted and took his hand, lifting me to my feet.

Grange was an attractive guy but he was straight. He had blue/green eyes, a strong jaw line, fit body with muscly arms that he showed off by wearing tanks and shaggy blonde hair.

I wiped the grass off my bright red jeans and followed the group of guys towards the side doors to the school, when i noticed familiar curly head of hair. I changed my direction and headed towards him, he was sat reading a book, that i couldnt see the title of. His face was set in concentration, his full pink lips mouthing some words while his hand ran through the pages he had yet to read. I took a seat next to him.

"Hey Harry" i spoke, he looked up in surprise as if he didnt notice me sit down.

"Um, hi" he said awkwardly, looking back at his book.

"Arent you gonna come inside with the rest of the guys?" I questioned, he closed the book and i saw the title, it was 'Paper Towns' by John Green.

"I um, usually just sit here 'till the bell rings" he scratched the back of his head as he said this, looking ahead of him.