Chapter 11

Louis' P.O.V.

Monday morning, getting slapped by an angry Irishman was definitely not on my agenda, but it also didn't surprise me when it happened. I was a jerk. I deserved it. 

That's also why I didn't retaliate, I just stood there and took it, in front of everyone. Letting Niall rant and tell me about how selfish and wrong I was, I just took it. I allowed him to call me all those things because I was all those things, I had hurt the green eyed curly haired lad. My crush. Harry.

Everyone at school tried to ignore it but, they were too curious and stared on as Nialls vocabulary got more colourful as time went on.

No one was expecting the always-happy-friendly-and-nice Niall Horan to get angry, it was rare that the Irish lad got mad at anyone, especially to the point where he actually yelled at them in front of the whole school nonetheless.

"Wow, he hit you quite hard, he left a hand mark" Liam laughed as I approached him after my lecture from Niall, his eyes glued to my cheek. It was still stinging.

"I deserved it" I shrugged, Liam already knew what I did which is why he remained silent. Until Farrah came along, yelling like a mad-woman about what had happened just now.

"What did you do?!" she screeched, "It must've been something bad, Niall never yells" she said more calmly. I had forgotten to tell Farrah.

"I...got high, when I was supposed to be going to dinner with Harry and his family" I murmured, rubbing the back of my neck. 

"Oh" she said, probably disappointed at the lack of drama, "That is kind of a jerky thing to do" she stated, looking at me. 

"I know, don't remind me" I groaned, leaning the back of my head against the locker, leaning against it as I stared at the ceiling for a minute, "I messed up and I need to find Harry so I can apologise"

"Have fun" Farrah laughed, "Heard Niall say something about sticking with Harry today, keep you away I suppose" 

"He won't get in the way of me talking to my Hazza" I replied, narrowing my eyes on the wall opposite of us, "I just want to let him know how sorry I actually am"

"Possessive much?" Liam snorted, very unattractively might I add, looking at me in amusement.

"It slipped out" I blushed, looking down at my feet, scratching the back of my head, only realising now what I had said. He wasn't mine, not yet anyway....

No, I can't get my hopes up. He might not even be into men.

***

At lunch, I stood on the football field, waiting for Harry to come out and sit in his usual spot. Niall always came out after him, so it should give me a few seconds to talk to him or convince him to let me talk to him.

But, when he did appear, I cursed to myself. Of course Niall would make him wait up for him, how could I think otherwise?

"Go Louis!" Farrah's voice called from where she sat with her gossip group, I looked in her direction and she gave me a knowing look, winking.

I sighed and joined the guys to a football match, the whole time I played I couldn't concentrate, guilt was eating me alive. I would always turn my head to see if Harry was still there, he was and Niall would always glare at me for it, but what made my heart flutter was Harry was always staring back at me. Even when I would catch him, we would make eye contact and stay like that for a minute, until I was called and had to go back to playing the game.

Lunch was almost over when Niall had left Harry alone, thinking I would head in because that's the usual time I would go in at. But I had to talk to Harry.