Chapter 9

Harry's P.O.V.

I was embarrassed, to say the least. I'd had a panic attack in front of all those prying eyes, focusing especially on me, Louis and James. Everybody must think I'm a freak now, I even heard people state that I was a freak and I hated it.

I hated the thought of people actually acknowledging me, for once, and not in a nice way.

"Harry? Is that you, love?" mum was home early, I sighed and closed my eyes, counting to ten before making my way to the living room where she sat combing her wet hair, she must've just gotten out of the shower.

"Yeah" I mumbled, I couldn't even bring myself to smile.

"Is everything alright?" she questioned, looking at me in concern, putting the comb down on the coffee table, getting up and enveloping me in a hug.

"I'm fine mum, really" I assured but hugged her back nonetheless. I loved my mums hugs, they made me feel safe and like no one would judge me.

She slowly pulled away, staring at me in concern still, pointing a finger at me in warning she said, "You would tell me if anything was wrong, right?"

"Of course" I replied, lying.

"Okay..." she sat back down where she was and continued to comb her hair.

"You're home early" I said, sitting beside her, scratching at my forearm slightly, I could still feel all those gazes burning my skin.

"Yeah well, I wanted to get back so I could clean the house up a little, your sister will be here tomorrow evening" she informed me and grinned, she loved Gemma so much and misses her terribly, Gemma being busy with college and a job at the side.

"That's cool, so we could go out to eat or order a take out?" I suggested, looking at my mum hopefully.

"I think she'd prefer a take out but, we'll wait till she gets here, yeah?" mum gave me a smile, ruffling my curls, then stood and stretched her body out, "I'm going to make dinner, why don't you go change or whatever you have to do and I'll call you down?"

"Okay, mum"

I silently stood up, carrying my school bag with me and went to my room. My room wasn't anything special, just the usual messy teenage boy room, a single bed pushed against one of the walls along with a few posters and a wardrobe, and dresser.

Dumping my bag on the floor by my dresser, I grabbed a pair of jog bottoms and a t-shirt, changing into them and laying back on my bed.

I couldn't get the image of people staring at me and judging me, out of my head. It made my arms itch even more, as if their gazes were still on me even though it happened hours ago.

Those girls were right, I was a freak. I couldn't even handle people staring at me, I couldn't even trust Louis' best friend, I can't deal with any kind of social event or anything to do with a group of people.

I'm surprised Louis even came back after I had that panic attack, he must think I'm a freak too. I mean, I didn't even see him when I was leaving school, he didn't want to say goodbye. He's probably laughing at me right now, with Farrah and Liam, all of them thinking about how pathetic I am.

A tear rolled down my cheek at the thought, only one though, I refused to let more fall. But, would Louis really do that or is it just my mind playing tricks on me? People weren't always what they seemed to be and, maybe Louis just did what he did because Niall is his friend too?

"Harry? Harry!" I heard my mum calling me, making me jerk off the bed and, after tripping over a few clothing items on the ground, made my way towards the door.