Found

(a/n: WARNING this chapter could get a little bit intense)
Pine walked silently down the hall looking for any traces of Lina. A monotonous buzz echoed through the hall like that of a heart monitor monitoring a dead heart.
"Oh, God..." He whispered.
On the floor he could see drops of blood on the floor leading down the dim lit hallway. He followed it and came to a door.
He hesitated, afraid of what he might find inside. He opened the door.
The room was dark except for a dim light in the center of the large room. There was broken glass everywhere and in the corner of the room he saw puddles of blood. His eyes followed the bloody trail that led to the center of the room.
"No..." He sobbed.
Lina lay hung limply, attached to the machine that had drained the power from her.
The glass tube around her had shattered from the overload. The machine was destroyed but, Pine could tell it had succeeded in its use.
Lina looked different.
Her hair had lost all of its fiery color. Though her eyes were closed he could tell there was no light in them. She was pale and every inch of her body was bloody or bruised. She looked so weak. Almost like a child.
Pine rushed over to her he looked at the machine and pressed the red button on the control panel, despite years of being told never to push the big red button because it always led to...you know...boom.
The restraints holding her let go and she fell into Pine's arms.
He held her close.
"Oh, God...please...please, Lina wake up." He begged with tears streaming down his face.
She didn't move.
He failed.
He didn't call for help or his friends. He just sat there with Lina in his arms, staring at the wall.

River plugged her wristlet into the wall and started downloading everything.
"Glad to see you're feeling better." she said to Breeze.
He nodded.
Both of their heads turned at the sound of footsteps in the hall. Breeze rose and they readied themselves for a fight when...
"Tricity, what are you doing here? Where's Pine?"
"I ran into a trap but, I disabled it lets go."
They got up and ran down the hallway calling out for Pine and Lina.
River ran past the open door and saw them.
"P-Pine.." River stuttered.
He didn't answer.
Everyone heard her and filed into the room. River gasped at the sight of everything. The team walked over to Lina and Pine. River cradled her head and Breeze put his hand on Pine's shoulder.
They sat in silence.
Tricity put her hand on Lina's shoulder then her neck. She felt the slight movement of her heart.
"Wait, Pine she's alive!" Tricity exclaimed.
"What, but, she has no pulse!?"
"It faint but it's there! Let's go! Everyone jumped up and Pine picked up Lina. They ran back to the compound.

Pine waited outside the medical room. He sat against the wall with his head in his hands. River sat next to him. She put her hand on his shoulder trying to comfort him.
Tricity walked out. Pine sprang up.
"Tricity?"
"She's stable but she's in a coma and I don't think that..." Tricity started.
"What?" Pine grumbled.
"I don't know if she's going to wake up." She finished. "I'm sorry, Pine."
Pine said nothing he just backed up and slumped against the wall.
Then, River had the terrible realization. She looked at the date on her wristlet.
"Happy 17th Birthday, Pine..."