Tomorrow

I woke up in Pine's arms.
He was already awake when I opened my eyes. He was smiling down at me.
"Sleep well?" He said with a smile on his face.
"Sleep? Ha! That's funny." I said. "When did you wake up?"
"About an hour ago."
"Well, why didn't you wake me up? We could have talked."
"I like watching you sleep." He whispered in my ear.
"That's not creepy at all!" I said sarcastically.
"Hey, I saw it in one of those chick flicks you made me watch. It worked for him!"
"I didn't make you watch those, for the record."
"Uh-huh, sure. I was just voluntold."
"Oh stop it! You big baby!"
He leaned down and kissed me. He ran his hand down the crease of my back and rolled on top of me. I giggled.
"I'm hungry." I said.
"Yeah, me too." He said kissing me.
"For food you weirdo!"
"I knew that!"
I got up and pulled on a fresh shirt and a pair of shorts.
We walked down to the common room where Breeze had made breakfast.
He and River were sitting on the couch. Breeze watching the tv and River on her tablet.
I was still tired. I wanted to go back to bed now.
"Any plans today?" I asked River.
"Nope, you two are technically on your honeymoon. Breeze and I are on a break."
"Well, if there aren't any plans, I'm tired. I'm gonna go read. Coming Pine?" I said as I ate breakfast.
"Yes dear!" He came up behind me and pinched me. I jumped and smacked his arm.
We finished breakfast and I grabbed a book. We went to the window and sat in the cushioned windowsill. I had my book open and was leaning against Pine. After about ten minutes I felt his arms around me loosen. He fell asleep.
I closed my book and rested my head on his chest. As I dazed off my troubles seemed to melt away. I loved my little family. And I loved this moment. I never wanted it to end but, sadly, all the best things do.