Chances

I woke up in the flaming ruble that was once our training room.
I heaved myself up and called out for my friends.
"Lina!" I heard in response.
"River?!"
"Lina, over here!"
I ran towards the voice and found River pinned under a flaming rafter.
I put out the flame and lifted the rafter off of her.
"River, you okay?" I said.
"Yeah. Let's find the boys."
"Actually, the boys are fine!" Breeze said from behind them.
"Pine!" I said running over to him. I jumped into his open arms.
"I'm fine by the way!" Breeze said next to us.
"Breeze!" River mimicked me and hugged him. Breeze blushed.
"Feel included now?" River smirked.
We turned when we heard the far off screams and saw the plumes of smoke and fire.
"They're attacking the city!" I said running to a high point in the ruble to get a better look.
"We need to help them!" I said looking at my team.
"Lina, we can't win. They're stronger than any of us." Breeze said reluctantly.
"But they're not stronger than all of us! We are here to protect them. That's why we exist. We can't back down now. I'm going. Are you coming with me?"
Pine was the first to speak up.
"I follow you anywhere."
River was next.
"Of course."
We all looked at Breeze.
"Better to die knowing you did something right. Than live a long life regretting the things you should have done."
We all looked at him surprised.
"That might be the wisest thing you've ever said." Pine said.
"I agree." He said grabbing my hand. "Let's go kick their-"
And we're running.
We ran towards the edge of town.
We stopped at the forest line.
Pine grabbed my arm and kissed me.
"I love you." He said.
"I know." I said kissing him. "I love you too."
I stepped forward and looked at my team.
"I love you all. You're my family. You will always be my family. No matter what happens."
They all nodded.
"Well then, let's do this."
We ran into the city. The weather was freaking out causing swirling clouds to focus around one tower. There were citizens laying unconscious on the sidewalks.
"That's our target. Whatever's in there is causing all of this! We need to destroy it!"
"Not so fast!" A voice said behind me.
"Tricity!" I screamed. "Why!?"
"Isn't it obvious. My one goal is to be free of you!" She said hurling ruble at me.
"But killing you isn't enough! I have to kill off your entire existence! That includes the innocents who support you!  That is the only way for me to truly be in control. I must eliminate everything that holds me back! Everything connected to you."
She electrified the buildings making their windows shatter outwards at us.
Breeze created a vortex around us that deflected the glass.
"You will learn what it feels like to lose everything you worked for, hoped for, dreamed for! Krissie!" She screamed. "Do your worst!"
Krissie came up behind us and sent a plume of flame at us. I jumped in front of my team and split the flame in half diverting it around them.
"I've been waiting for this!" She said.
"And I've been dreading it!"
"Now, we fight fire with fire!"