Month 9

April
Now I'm worried.
They should have come by now.
It's almost the end of April.

I woke up early.
I heaved myself out of bed. Accidentally waking Pine up in the process.
"Lina?!" He asked quickly.
"No, no babe it's fine. Not quite yet." I said. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."
"You? Scare me? That's really funny. I just thought that..." He trailed off.
"That the babies were coming? Sorry." I said.
"Why are you sorry? Let's go down to the common room. I can't sleep."
"Me neither."
We walked down to the common room where, surprisingly, Breeze and River were already. They were in their mission suits.
"Guys, what's going on?" I asked.
"We got a mission alert but, it was a minor one. We wanted Pine to stay with you so we didn't wake you."
"Come on guys, no mission is a minor one."
"Pine, I don't feel comfortable leaving Lina all alone at the base. What if the babies come? She'll be all alone."
Pine frowned reluctantly.
"Alright, just be careful."
I didn't feel good about the two of them going out without Pine but, I agreed.
River walked over to me and knelt down in front of me.
"Now you two stay put till we get back. You hear?" She said to my bump.
I laughed and hugged them both.
"Be careful. Please." I said.
"Don't worry about it. Try not to pop till we get back okay?" Breeze joked.
"Oh get out of here you two!" I said.

It was noon and Pine was on the headset talking to River and Breeze while on their mission.
They had finished the hard part and now they were on their way home. Pine was putting everything into a mission report while I was doing the dishes.
Breeze and River walked in and went to go change out of their mission suits.
I started to walk away from the sink.
I hadn't noticed that I had gotten water on the floor.
I felt my foot slip out from under me and I felt and heard my knee pop.
I landed hard on the ground.
My knee really hurt and I held it in silence.
Then I realized... I was sitting in water.
Crap. I'm bleeding. I thought but, it wasn't blood.
My water just broke.
"Pine? Pine?!"