Moments; One Direction Fan Fiction

My foot hit the grass as I strolled forward. I was out walking Lucy on a Tuesday after school. My deep brown curls bounced as I waked through Coxley woods, I stood onto a tree root that stuck out of the ground. I had jumped across the shallow river many times before but this time my legs shook ferociously under me like I knew something bad was going to happen, maybe it was the fact I had my new blue Toms on or maybe it was because it was getting darker and I was still at the edge of the woods and therefore scared. I didn't know and my hands were sweating,trembling too. What was wrong with me? It was like my body was going into overdrive or something!

Lucy looked up at me confused and leaped across the river as if she was showing me what to do. I took a deep breathe like I was bracing myself to jump a mile. Why am I acting so oddly? What's up with me? Lucy cried and I snapped out of my thoughts. I bent my knees about to jump but as I jumped I panicked. Why? I don't even know myself. I fell back hand landed with a thud in the water. My hair was no longer curled,my toms ruined,my clothes soaked and OW! My back suddenly stung and I couldn't sit up from the pain. It took effort but after a minute I manage to stand up. Lucy looked at me with scared eyes as I winced. I felt my spine and it was all grassed and bleeding. I guessed it was from the sharp stones in the river. I waled out of the river and looked up to see the last slither off sunlight fading away. I have always been scared off the dark and tonight wasn't any different.

I unlocked my phone so I could see the time. 7:58pm. I brought up the camera app and looked at myself. I had a small cut on my forehead and my pale skin was nearly blue. My usually red lips were not there normal colour an my mascara had run. I bet I looked a right sight.

Just as I put my phone away and shouted Lucy to come on, I get a sudden wind behind me. It stopped as soon as it started and I flung myself around. Other than the trees and bushes there wasn't anything there. I shivered and carried on walking, every other step I looked behind my shoulder.

I reached the end off the woods an started to walk up a dirt track. I felt safer being out off the woods but it still wasn't that bright. The dirt track took me up a small hill into a large open field. It was in the middle of nowhere but I wasn't scared anymore. A young women on a run past me, we said quick hellos and he ran off.

"Oh my god!"

A voice came behind me. I knew it was the lady and turned to her shocked face.

" are you okay? What happened to your back? Can I help in anyway?"

She stuttered out.

"Oh that, I slipped on a rock in the stream but I think I will be alright. Oh and please excuse my face I know I look dreadful"

I said reassuring her that I was in no need for assistance. She said okay and jogged and jogged on her way. I should really start jogging you know. Maybe I should go with Lucy. Pft, who am i kidding. I cant run to save my life.

I walked on a few more steps through the middle of the field when suddenly a valid curdling scream can from behind me. It turned around wide eyes and Lucy ran towards it. I followed her running faster than I have ever done before. It was almost instant that I realises who it was going to be. The runner. I sprinted on and my head started pounding from the cut, my back ached and stung more with ever step I took. I stopped running, I was out of breath and sour.

"Please no! I don't want to die! Help,someone help!" The shouting stopped. I looked for Lucy but she had gone. Disappeared. I panicked running forward looking out for a sign of a person; or worse. A body. I tuned a corner to see it. Blood splashed everywhere. It was a murder scene, like from a horror movie. There were even marks from where a body had been struggling and then dragged. It was awful. Like really horrible.

My jaw must have dropped open and my mouth had become dry. I shut my mouth taking deep breaths. Just as I let out a breath I felt the cold, fast wind behind me. I jumped and turned around. I felt it again to my right. I screamed and shot around to my right.

"Jumpy aren't you? Are you cared yet though?"