ARC 2 --- Chapter 16 --- The Swampy Lands

[Part 1]

Many days have passed since the massacre I did. With the help of Pulmo, getting through the desert was no problem at all.

Spending a night in the desert is not so easy If I was alone.

Pulmo was amazing. Using his web, he could architect a safe shelter from the sandstorm.

By now, we have gone through many regions... we have gone through forests.. and even mountains...

This journey has me wondering... just what do I want to do? Creating a dungeon... Can I even do it? Can I even track the humans who massacred my tribe?

I have so many questions. Just maybe... maybe this journey will give me answers...

Currently we are in a swamp. We are only in the outer part of it, we haven't gone too deep. But, there is one thing that made us go into this muddy and humid place. It's hard to walk, even for Pulmo. And quicksands are everywhere. With Regia, I can use it as a rope to get out If necessary, but Pulmo has been the one who helped me.

But, deep in this swamp.. there is one thing we have an interest in... both Pulmo and I detected a Magic Mather that sleeps deep in this area that's why going through this area is worth it, even though it's difficult.

We went very deep, through all the mud. Several monsters attacked us, but they were easy to deal with. They were all pretty small. Well, a large monster would have more trouble going through this swamp. I wonder if there are any at all.

Hours passed, and the Magical energy is getting stronger and stronger.

"Pulmo, we did come here to get the Magic Mather, but what If there is a protector?" I asked.

"Not all Magic Mathers have protectors. So far I haven't detected a magical energy that is significant enough for a protector. But, unless they don't want to fight, then there is no way we can run from a protector, even for a protector like myself." Said Pulmo.

"Really? I think you would be able to escape easily." I said.

"It's not that easy. I would be going against them in their territory, they have the advantage here. Fighting would be the only option." Said Pulmo.

"I see... let's continue forward then. I've had enough of this muddy place." I said.

Then we moved again.

Not too long after that, we found a huge body of water.

"Hmm.. in this area there is more water, so it creates a river. But, there probably more mud in the bottom of the river." I said.

"How should we go through this? Just walk on the sides?" Asked Pulmo.

"Nah, no need for that." I said.

<Space magic: Raft>

I made a magic space for us to stand on, and shaped it like a raft. I then filled it with wind magic so that it stays on top of the water.

"This river is quite long. There isn't much life in this area." I said.

"No, you can't be so sure. We are very close to the Magic Mather. Yet there are still plants on the side of the river. This place should have strong monsters." Said Pulmo.

"I think you're right... we are surrounded!" I said.

Suddenly many things splashed from the water and landed on our raft. The raft was quite big, so about ten of them went onboard. The raft shook greatly when they landed.

Both Pulmo and I observed the monsters. They have whiskers... a brown fur that covers their whole body, sharp short claws on their hands and feet, a blunt tail which is shaped like like a ice cream stick.