ARC 2 --- Chapter 19 --- Visitation

[Part 1]

Soon the distortion disappeared somewhat. I could still feel tiny distortions lingering in the air, but it was very small. The Molio, Beavem, and Crummerer faced each other again after that distortion. I'm not sure If they clearly sensed that, or just ignored it.

"I'd love to continue killing you guys, but I'm more worried about our precious Soren Caves, unlike your terrible villages. We're retreating men!" said Morbo. He and the Molio disappeared into the ground, digging their way towards their home.

"Damn that Morbo! Such an insult can't go without any consequences! But I need to check Bramin village. If you hit us with those annoying seeds of yours Klaus, I would be more than happy to burn down your treetop Kelen village to ashes..." said Bromin. He instructed the Beavem to retreat to their village.

"As arrogant as ever! Those two weaklings... We'll also fly to Kelen village! I was hoping we could lay waste to Soren Cave or Bramin village today, but we are in a hurry!" said Klaus. The Crummerer led the others towards their village.

I and Pulmo just watched along as the three sides that were fighting are now going in three different directions.

"What should we do now, Pulmo. We are regarded as criminals in Bramin village since we just escaped. Should we go check on the caves of those Molio? Or the forest where the Crummerers reside?" I asked.

"If you haven't noticed, those Molio have amazing senses. I assume they are blind, and yet they could fight so well. Their smell must be amazing. And If you're planning to take a look at their caves with just this cloaking magic, then you are making a big mistake." said Pulmo.

"I see, should we just go after the Crummerers then?" I asked.

"Sure, let's do that. But I also want to check on that cave of theirs. Let me show you a magic of mine... or a skill If you want to refer to it as that." said Pulmo. I felt an increase in his magical energy, they were creating black clouds around his body. Out of the bottom of Pulmo's belly, some small scorpions got out.

"Whoa! Did you just give birth to some scorpions?" I asked.

"I guess you could call them that, but in reality they are more like my clones. But I can only make them move where I want them to go, and see what they are seeing. I can't make them talk or fight. They can't do complicated actions. They'll be my eye in their caves. Unlike your cloaking magic, they should be completely unnoticed, with their natural camouflage. The Molio won't smell a thing!" said Pulmo.

"Alright. Let's go with that then. You and I are going after the Crummerers, while your clones will go after the Molio. You can show me everything you can see in the caves right?" I said.

"Sure.. maybe with a little sting. Anyways, let's get moving. Those birds are almost out of sight." said Pulmo.

[Part 2]

~Extreme Jump tag~

With the mini Pulmo still on my shoulder, I jumped from tree to tree to go after the Crummerers. I can't get too close, otherwise they will notice me. If I get too far from them, I won't be able to follow them.

"But Pulmo, what do you think happened earlier? That magic distortion..." I wondered.

"Beats me... there are many things that could cause that to happen. Maybe there's something going on with the Magic Mather... speaking of magic mathers! It's quite weird. In this area there hasn't been an increase in the magical energy." Said Pulmo.

"We still don't know its exact location. But I think this one is rather unique. Unlike the one in my original forest, or Ravestia... instead of a protector, it has given evolution to three types of monsters. Now they have their own civilizations. At least I think they became humanoids thanks to the Magic Mather." I said.