ARC 2 --- Chapter 26 --- The journey of Three

[Part 1]

"Completely absorbing a Magic Mather... just what is it like?" Asked Rob.

"Rob, you have already been accepted by Ravestia. You can also use some basic powers of Ravestia. But, those are still the early stages. When you haven't gone to the middle stages which is completely absorbing the Magic Mather, then as long as someone else kills you, or just cut down the link between you and Ravestia, they will be able to steal Ravestia." Said Pulmo.

"Wha?! Something important like that, why haven't you told me before?!" Complained Rob.

"Listen here, you impudent goblin. You only recently got the approval of Ravestia. Even though Ravestia accepts you, I still don't accept you completely. Just because I help you out... that doesn't mean anything! Letting you absorb Ravestia completely means that Ravestia won't be disconnected from you even If you die. That means I'll have to devote myself to you! Just think of how I feel when I have to leave master Ravestia in your hands." Said Pulmo.

"So yiu don't trust me enough huh?.." said Rob.

"Sure, you won't harm Ravestia. But... I don't know If there will come a day when you misuse Ravestia's powers. As the protector, I absolutely can't let Ravestia's powers be misused. I also have the responsibility to choose a worthy wielder for Ravestia. And you... I'm still not sure. You are still reckless and inexperienced. You know that you practically lost to general Prana right?" Said Pulmo.

"That.. I can't deny. Even though I can say for sure that I have grown stronger, I really don't think I have surpassed master yet. I don't even know of methods to make my magic stronger.. or even efficient. I have managed to learn to place tags in specific areas, but overall... my abilities are still rough. It wouldn't be too hard to just break them all. Against a more experienced fighter, even If I have more firepower, it would be hard. Small things like incantations and the placement of tags...or even other small methods to help in a fight. I am still weak in those things." said Rob while looking down.

"But right now, it's not the time to be depressed. Polishing your skills can come after this war. You do realize we are at war right? To win, we have no choice but to let you absorb Ravestia completely." said Pulmo.

"If the both of us fight that Prana, we should be able to deal with her right? Once she is gone, the demon army will be in a state of chaos. Also, what about the other races of this area? How is the situation?" asked Rob.

"As for the three races, they have decided to fight together as one force. It's a good thing they can cope up with their differences for now. The Crummerers, Molio, and some of the Beavem fought against the demon army head on. Some of the Beavem were halted by a water dragon, but... I took care of that dragon. He was pretty strong, but I caught him off guard. As for Prana... we only managed to escape because I caught her off guard. Even If you were to fully recover, completely absorb Ravestia and the other Magic Mather of this area... you will still have a difficult time. Fighting against someone with a Magic Mather in their position won't be easy. The number of the Magic Mather don't determine the outcome." said Pulmo.

"Wait... so even If we do everything we can to take her on, we might still lose?" asked Rob.

"Not necessarily. The main problem is that her Magic Mather is an offensive type. Ravestia is really for support. Although... her holy water should prove to be quite effective." said Pulmo.

"We can only hope for the best, huh? So... where are we going now?" asked Rob.

"Before I left to rescue you, I helped out the three races. I managed to scare the demon army enough to make them retreat. I didn't explain much to the three races, but I told them to set up a main camp. While you recover on the way, we'll head there." said Pulmo.