ARC 2 --- Chapter 24 --- Sowing the Seeds of Summoning

[Part 1]

Right after I took out that immortal demon, I headed deeper into the battlefield. Suddenly, pieces of vines and roots flew over my body, blocking some of my path.

I immediately pulled out Prai, which was hanged on my shoulder. I then set up an <Arcane Barrier> out of reflex. That barrier managed to protect me from the other pieces that are flying all over the place.

I turned my head around, and saw that the troll I trapped earlier is now completely free.

"You forgot about me? Did you seriously think that some thorns and vines are eniugh to stop me?" Said Jadruk.

"Aagh! You're such a pain to deal with! I don't have time to deal with you!"  I said.

I immediately ran towards him.

<Space Magic: The Magical Crossbow>

Magical energy was entered into the crossbow, making it surge with energy. I then opened my magical space to take a jar of mashed Ogel fruit. I inserted the jar, and then fired it with the magically powered crossbow.

The jar got smashed, and the effect of the Ogel fruit immediately affected Jadruk. His speed, strength, and defense was weakened tremendously.

Because I have been constantly improving the effects of my magical fruits by having a constant flow of magical energy where they are stored.

With Jadruk being pretty much still to me, I pointed Prai to him.

<Alfdoom>

A huge spark of explosion burst flashed through its surroundings

I then immediately turned around, and headed towards the enemy.

That's right, prolonging this fight will only kill me in the end. Even though I came to the place where I massacred an entire bandit group, and then cast my necromancy spells, which succeeded, it's not like I made the skeletons and zombies perfectly.

Necromancy works as long as there is body avaiable. Then, by communicating with spirits we insert the spirits into the bodies. This only works If the spirits agree to it, or they are just weak enough to be controlled. I inserted weak Earth and water sprites into the bodies.

Sprites by itself are common spirits found pretty much anywhere with magical energy. They are not so strong, and thus easy to be controlled.

Shamans are supposed to communicate with various spirits, mainly nature spirits. A lot of magic like the ones that create plants like trees and vines involve nature spirits. Even totems store a lot of spirits, along with magical energy.

I didn't understand the concept of spirits before I read this necromancy book. It turns out that what I though was magical energy, part of it might have been spirits. I remember master talking about spirits, but I never got trained to that point. The books I learned from master's stash also don't explain about spirits. I guess other people had to learn about spirits first before reading master's books... maybe I just had a talent in attracting spirits.

As for my skeletons and zombies, their quality is still low, and I still have to give them a general order, which is to attack the demons. That by itself already drains quite a lot of magical energy from me.

If I can't control the sprites, they'll leave the body. It would be nice If I could make permanent undead, but this is what I can do with my current level.

That's why, my goal is not to take victory by complete annihilation of the enemy, but by taking out the enemy's leader. Hopefully, the rest of the army will flee after that, or they start to panic and then we deal with them easily.
A battle of atrition won't benefit me.