ARC 2 --- Chapter 18 --- The Three Rifts

[Part 1]

I looked up, and a big pile of dirt was heading right towards the Beavem.

"Everyone! Convert your Ogino! Pillar formation!" Shouted Bromin.

Soon, all of the Beavem held their Ogino. The Ogino, which was shaped like a spear, suddenly changed shapes. The tentacles from an Igliko attached to the end of it suddenly moved as If it was alive. They opened up, and The Beavem then held them towards the pile of dirt.

As the dirt fell, a big pile of dust appeared. I thought the Beavem were done for now,that hit the ground hard.

As the dust disappeared, I saw that the Beavem were still standing there. They still held their Ogino up, and the tentacles were spread out. I see... each one of the Ogino acted as a pillar to hold down the dirt. Each Beavem also positioned themselves correctly to support the dirt. If that was a pile of rock, I bet they would have caught it perfectly. But, the pile of dirt couldn't handle the force, so it broke down to a million pieces without hurting a single Beavem. I guess the Igliko slime helped somewhat.

Seeing the Beavem still living, the Molio then charged straight at them. There were about 6 Molio, and the 9 Beavem were still recovering from their previous maneuver.

Those Molio are fast! In an instant, they moved several meters. Now, they're right in front of them. I have seen their sharp claws. They are already using some kind of a metal claw to cover their real claws. But, those stabbed one Beavem to the death in one hit.

One of the Moilo headed straight to Bromin. With a quick move, the Molio aimed its claw straight to the neck.

"Well, now Bromin is probably going to die" I said.

But, after a while, Bromin still stood up. The other Molio and Beavem also engaged each other. From this distance, I don't really know what's happening. Why is Bromin still standing?

Then, Bromin and the Molio he was fighting moved slightly, and I could see it. In an instant, Bromin converted his Ogino's shape, only to grab the Molio's claw. That manuever prevented the claw from sinking too deep into his skin, but I can clearly see blood gushing out of the wound.

"You only have two hands, but.. I have 10 tentacles!" shouted Bromin.

Suddenly, 6 of the tentacles let go of the Molio's claw, leaving only four to hold it. The other 6 was aimed directly at the Molio's chest. The Molio quickly reacted by moving its other hand. He was trying to block the tentacles. But, 4 of the tentacles that were charging changed directions, and held off the other arm. Now, the Molio is helpless. The two remaining tentacles formed a small spike, enough to pierce the Molio's chest.

"Ogino.. they're an interesting weapon, don't you think?" said Pulmo.

"Yeah, the way they can change its shape like that. They can change it according to the situation of the fight! Like using a spear to have a good range, and then suddenly changing into a sword for close combat. You saw how flexible it was, it is also great for defense. Some of them for defense, and the rest to finish it off... are they invincible?" I said.

"Not really. They sure are flexible, but for strength, not so much. That's why they formed a sharp weapon since it not that strong. It stopped the Molio's attack by holding its hands, not blocking it." said Pulmo.

"Hmmm.. interesting, but as you can see, the fight is pretty even .I see blood everywhere, and both Beavem and Molio are dying." I said.

Suddenly, I saw the hill shake a little. And out of the hill, several Molio came out. They got reinforcements. Now it's the Beavem's turn to get outnumbered. There were 8 Molio, and 5 Beavem left.