chapter 8

Sorry for the mistakes in advance

Elijah and Serena reaches Salvatore house. Everyone gather at living room except for Damon.

"Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse." Elijah starts.

"Elena said that the sun and the moon curse are fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus." Stefan asks him.

"Klaus is a vampire born of werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it... he'll be a true hybrid." Elijah says.

Serena definitely didn't new any of these since the time she met Klaus, Katherine was already a vampire and Elena was not born yet. Hence the curse and hybrid conservation never took place in her presence. She was also listening to what Elijah was saying like others.

Meanwhile Damon joins them.

"Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With bonnie" Damon says.

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying." Elena speaks.

"I'll write her a great eulogy." Damon smirks at Serena and walks towards her.

"It's not an option, Damon." Serena says as Damon gives her a bear hug.

Elijah looks at both of them.

"All right, how do we break this curse?" Stefan says grabbing Elijah's attention back.

"Well..." Elijah clears his throat "the ritual itself is relatively straight forward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know."

"The moonstone" Stefan adds.

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each." Elijah informs them.

"And where do I fit into it?" Elena asks.

"The final part of the ritual." Elijah tells her.

Elijah takes a wooden box from the shelf.

"Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelganger... to the point of your death." Elijah says.

Everyone's eyes stops at Elena. Stefan takes Elena's hand in his.

"And that's where you come in."' Elena says.

"This is an elixir that I acquire some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation." Elijah informs them.

"So I'll be dead?" Elena asks.

"And then you won't" Elijah says.

"That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?"Damon asks Elijah.

"You want to come back to life, what about john's ring?" Damon speaks to Elena.

"Those rings only work on humans. The doppelganger is supernatural occurrence, odds are, the ring won't work" Elijah tells them.

"I'll take the odds over your elixir. What if it doesn't work?" Damon yells.

"Then I guess I'll be dead." Elena says taking a deep breath.

Damon looks at Elena and stares at Elijah and leaves. Serena follows him.

"Damon stop" she calls out.

"Why?" Damon asks.

She stays silent figuring out what to say.

"you, know I' m surrounded by idiots. I need all the help I can get." Damon speaks.

"You know, you are not helping here." She says.

"Elijah is an original vampire, Rena. Once we tried to kill. You're going to believe this guy?" he asks.

"It's not about my belief. Elena's is choosing to trust Elijah. All we can do is to put our faith in her." She says.

"Why? She's going to end up dead." Damon speaks drinking from bottle of champion.

"Because she puts her faith in me." Stefan enters the room. "She chose to trust me in spite of what I am. I'm going to bet on somebody's instincts, it's going to be hers." Stefan says.

"Well then, that makes you the biggest idiot of them all." Damon says.

"She chose to trust you, too" Serena speaks.

"Then maybe you both shouldn't be so sure about her instincts" Damon says leaving both of them.

Serena and Stefan looks at each other.

"You know he is not going to stop." She says.

"I know, I just hope he doesn't anything foolish." Stefan says shaking his head.

They hear some noises downstairs so they quickly go downstairs.

"get out!" Jenna says entering Salvatore house."

"Jenna, Jenna" Alaric calls out for her.

"Stay away from me" Jenna yells.

Serena, Elena Elijah, Damon and Stefan join them totally oblivious of what was happening.

"What's going on?" Serena asks.

"It's me, Rena, I swear okay? He let me go. Klaus let me go." Alaric says.

"Prove it." Damon says.

Alaric stares at him totally confused. "How?"

"Uhh.. How do I look today Ric?" Rena asks.

"Not bad. Same as usual." Alaric offers.

"Like a Racoon?" Damon adds.

Serena looks glares at Damon.

"No more like a panda because of her black and white top... blonde PANDA" he says.

She glares at Ric but lets out a breath "It's him" she throws her hand in air while all others start laughing even Elijah.

"Why did he let you go?" Stefan asks.

"He wanted to deliver a message. The sacrifice happens tonight. "He says.

***********************************
Hey thanks for reading.... how did you find my story so far? :) I would love to hear it from you!