Chapter 18

I ran outside the bar near the entrance of a little clearing. I looked back and was glad that Niklaus didn't follow me.

I let out a loud sigh. I couldn't help to stop the tears that flowed from my eyes. It felt like my wounds are fresh again.

After few minutes, I found myself little more calm .

I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see the owner of the hand and found a brunette girl with emerald green eyes.

"Serena?" She asked with a stern voice.

I nodded.

"This is for you." She handed me an envelope and went.

I looked at the brown envelope, a plain envelope. I found a letter inside the envelope and started reading it.

Dear Serena,

How are you my darling? Long time no see, after leaving everything mes-sy!

I thought we were becoming good friends, but you seem to prove me otherwise. And what is this I am seeing? You with Niklaus? Seems like things are going to be more and more interesting.

Baby doll, I told you not to disappoint me, now see you have invited wrath over yourself.

I coming to take what's mine because you have crossed the line.

Take care of yourself, Baby doll.

Yours One and only,

Xavier

"Dear lord!" Were the words that left from my mouth. My legs started trembling and my fingers were shaking. I couldn't focus on one thing.

I read the letter twice in a hope what I read previously to be wrong but it wasn't.

"Calm down.. breathe" I told myself and concentrated on my breath until I heard my name.

"Rena!"

"Rena!"

I knew immediately who it is and went towards the voice.

"Stefan I am here." I said keeping a hand over my denim pocket to ensure the letter is there.

"Where were you? What happened?" He asked with concern.

"Nothing. Just Niklaus happened." I told him with a shrug.

"Fair enough. He seemed to be quite drunk. Let's go, he is waiting in the car."
Stefan said and we walked towards the car.
*****************

Who is Xavier? Tune in to read more ;)

Vote ! Vote ! Vote!