Chapter 20

Serena POV

I wasn't ready for this.... this kiss. The moment I felt his lips on mine I forgot everything... everything around me and most importantly everything about him.

Why am I not able to pull myself out of this kiss? Is it right? The guy who changed my world upside down is kissing me right now and I am not defending it . Why?

I didn't kiss him back but didn't stop him either. In this midst of thinking, I didn't realize he pulled out of the kiss. His hands were still cupping my face.

He looked at me, may be trying to figure out my reaction. "Love?"

"Why? Why do you love me?"

He smiled at my question.

"Now I didn't knew that there should be a reason to love someone. Should there?" He said smiling and looking into my eyes.

"No, don't love me... don't. I never loved you. You compelled me to love you but I never did with my will....." I told him unsure about the last sentence.

Am I angry at him for compelling me? Yes, I am. Very.

Am I angry for taking me away from my family? Very much.

Am I angry at him for controlling my life for so many years? Obviously, he took my freedom.

Do I... Do I hate him? I don't know.

Why? I don't know.

"I don't love you because you love me. I love you because you took my breath away when I first saw you at the ball. You were different from all the other girls I have seen." Klaus said.

" I first thought I was just attracted to you so I compelled you because I wanted to get over with this attraction I felt for you. But as the time passed by, I started falling for you." He continued.

"You fell for the compelled Serena who thought she was in love and did whatever you said. And she bid her adieu long ago." I interrupted.

He smiled even further which started to irritate me.

"Yes I compelled you to love me. And I regret that probably that's the only regret I have in my thousand year's of existence. But Serena, definition of love differs from person to person. And I felt loved by your love, which I never felt from anyone not even from my family. So I was scared I would lose you if I freed you from compulsion. What I have done couldn't be undone but now I willing to do anything to seek forgiveness from you."

"All I am asking you to give me a chance... a chance to prove that whatever happened in my past would not happen again. A chance to I have changed." He said.

A chance.... I thought.

"You know, you exactly haven't changed either, I mean look at this!" I told gesturing hand over all the dead wolves.

"What have you changed in yourself?" I asked him.

He looked at the wolves lying on the ground and was quiet. So i continued " Besides as far I know your track record you either have your loved ones in graves or in coffins so I don't want myself in either of them."

"I am going to check on Stefan! Guess why is taking him so long." I left him with all the dead wolves.

"Don't fall for this Serena ... don't fall for this" I told myself while walking through the woods.

"Stefan?" I called out for him. But I couldn't find him.

"Stefan!" I yelled again.

I walked more in to the woods but stopped when I heard a noise. I turned but didn't find anyone.

I walked again and again I heard that noise .

"Who is there ?" I asked looking around. I couldn't sense anyone but I knew there was someone.

"So we meet again baby doll."

I turned around only get to my eyes widened.

" Xavier" with that my vision turned black.

*******************

Sorry for the mistakes...

Have a great day :)