chapter 22

Klaus and Stefan gets out of a car.

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan." Klaus says.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asks looking around.

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?" Klaus asks looking at Stefan.

"Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur." He says genuinely.

"Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend." Klaus says crossing the street.

"Chicago was magical." Klaus continues.

" Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it." Stefan interrupts.

"Going to get down to business, then?" Klaus asks.

"Why am I still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, I have a friend who is missing .. I need to find her." Stefan says.

"Well your so called friend is my wife. We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our problem, it's her. This Xavier I am assuming have to be a warlock. Since there weren't any smell of her or him in the woods, seems more like witch craft to me." Klaus walks over to the car door which was held open by one of his minions.

Klaus and Stefan enter the bar. The bar was dim, quiet, and empty.

" Looks familiar, doesn't it?" Klaus turns and ask Stefan.

" I can't believe this place is still here." Stefan surprisingly looks at the bar.

"You got to be kidding me." Gloria, the witch speaks as she enters into the bar.

Klaus smiles at her.

"So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender..." Klaus speaks only to be interrupted by the witch.

"Stop. You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny."

She looks at Stefan and says "I remember you."

"Yeah. You're Gloria. Shouldn't you be..." Stefan trails off.

"Old and dead? Now if I die, who's going to run this place, huh?" Gloria speaks.

"Gloria's a very powerful witch." Klaus speaks up.

" I can slow the aging down some. Herbs and spells. But don't worry, it'll catch up to me one day." She says walking towards the table.

"Stefan, why don't you go and fix us up a little something from behind the bar?" Klaus asks Stefan.

Stefan gets the cue" Yeah, sure thing."

He goes to the bar.

Klaus looks at Gloria.

"You look ravishing, by the way." Klaus smirks.

"Don't. I know why you're here. A hybrid out to make more hybrids? That kind of news travels." She says crossing her hands over her chest.

"So what am I doing wrong? I broke the curse." He challenges her.

Stefan uses his super hearing to eavesdrop.

"Obviously you did something wrong. Look, every spell has a loophole, but a curse that old...We'd have to contact the witch who created it." She informs.

"Well, that would be the original witch. She's very dead." He says.

"I know. And for me to contact her, I'll need help. Bring me Rebekah." Gloria says opening a book.

Stefan notices a photo on the wall and pulls it off to look at it.

"Rebekah. Rebekah is a bit preoccupied." Klaus says a bit uncomfortably.

" She has what I need. Bring her to me." She says .

Stefan looks up from the photo.

"What is this?" Stefan asks gesturing to the photo.

"Well, I told you, Stefan. Chicago's a magical place." Klaus tries to dismiss him.

" But this is me. With you." Stefan hands the picture to Klaus.

He shows him the picture. It's a picture of Stefan with his arm around Klaus's shoulders in the 1920s.

"Hold on to that." Klaus says and pushes Stefan aside.

"And Gloria? "Klaus calls Gloria who was about to exit the bar.

"What else?" She asks.

"Do you know any warlock named Xavier?" He asks.

"Xavier? I know a lot of Xavier's" She says.

"Well for all I can say is he is very powerful because he hid his scent very well...." Klaus offers.

"Well most of us can do that. But there are still some traces left even the powerful spell has some loopholes. Did you smell anything in particular? Any herbs?" She suggests.

"I don't think...." Klaus speaks but Stefan interrupts.

" I smelled basils. It was weak it's fragrance was there."

"Basils and Xavier...." She trails off to think.

It hits her which Xavier they are talking about. Her eyes widens at the thought of the Xavier.

"Oh my god. You are looking for Xavier Devitto."

"You know him?" Stefan and Klaus asks in unison.

"I hope you have no funny business with him. He is the most powerful and feared warlock in the history. I advice you to stay away from him."

"I need you to find him." Klaus says.

" Klaus.." Gloria speaks but this time Klaus interrupts.

"No. Just find him. I' ll give you anything you want." With that Klaus leaves the bar and Stefan follows him.

******************

Take care....

Keep reading ... keep voting :)