[ Chapter 4 ]

I looked around the room and was disgusted. How long? How long had I been trapped in this small concrete room with no heat or food? When was the last time I had ate? Or drank? My throat felt dry and I knew it would be a matter of time before my voice would be gone. I didn't deserve to be here within this room that looked like a jail cell.

No, because at least in jail you get meals, and semi-clean clothes, a mattress frame, a not-so-private bathroom, and a cellmate.

Here there was one mattress on the floor that I was reluctant to touch due to the multiple mysterious stains that seeped into the fabrics, a pair of rusty old slightly brown chains that hung from the wall, a small window with smudge marks in the corner of the room, and a full length mirror I had been staring at.

I couldn't get over how I looked now, I was no longer the rich Skylar Black, daughter of Lizanna and Kaden Black. I couldn't even point out the features I shared with my father or my mother at this point, "Who are you?" I whispered with pain from my throat as I dragged my hand slowly down the mirror. My long black hair which used to as soft as silk was now a shriveled mess as if I had bed head. My gray eyes which once held happiness and bright light were now lifeless and held no emotion. My skin which was blemish free back at home was now rough and dirty. My blue and white uniform was completely covered in dirt and other unknown substances, I wanted to rip it off a long time ago only to realize it's the only thing keeping me somewhat warm.

I looked at the chains across the room and frowned as I remembered waking up to the excruciating pain my arms were in when I was being held up in those dastardly contraptions. My heart began to race as I thought of them keeping me in here until I died of mistreatment. They were going to keep me in here till I died, weren't they.. I cant-

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard talking outside my window. There were two sets of feet standing in front of it. They were speaking that same language one of my kidnappers were speaking as I heard him say the word 'whore' exactly the same way.

I sprinted over to the window and took my chance at freedom as I began to bang on the small window and call out for help. The chatter stopped, but began again as they started to walk away.

"No.. No! Come back!" I yelled once more before I slammed my hand on the window once more and slid down the wall. "Shit! Come on, I have got to get out of here." I gripped my hair and began to pull as I screamed out of frustration and sadness. I was going to die here...

"Please stop yelling, I'm trying to sleep." Oh no, my brain was playing hallucinations on my now. I might be lonely, but I'm not desperate. "Hey, you still there? Sorry I said that so rudely, I'm just tired."

"It's okay brain, I know.."

"Wait What? I'm not- I'm not your brain."

"Then what are you?"

"A human being.. I'm in the cell next to yours, you can hear me through the small vent near the floor." I crawled over to the tiny vent that I heard her raspy voice coming from.

"How long have you been in here? How long have I been in here? Please, can you help me?"

"Jesus.. Questions galore. You've been in here at least.. two days, me? Almost four." She stayed silent before speaking up again. "I'm Sierra Leone."

"Sierra Leone like.. Blood diamonds?" I heard her chuckle and softly sigh before agreeing with me. "I was hoping to God you wouldn't say that, but its been happening all my life I don't even care anymore."

"Well, I'm Skylar Black."

"Nice to meet you Skylar, so how old are you?"

"Twenty-two. What about you Sierra?"

"Twenty-two as well. So what are you in for?"

"Witnessed a murder."

"Ah, same. What were you doing before you got.." She paused before she continued, "taken by the mafia?"

"I was walking home from my waitressing job. It was extremely late and I didn't think anyone would be getting killed on my usual shortcut I take to get to my apartment, but boy was I wrong!" She laughed at my attempt to lighten the mood, "What were you doing?"

"I was in my apartment with my little brother before I was dragged out by my hair and chloroformed." Her voice started to rise from rage, "and I still have no clue if he is still at the apartment wondering where I am, or if they have him.. I need to know, but I can't do anything from this damn cell!" Her sniffles filled the the two quiet rooms and I had sympathy for her.

"If I get out, I will help you." I whispered.

She giggled a little, "You don't have to do-"

"No, I want to. I know if I hadn't known my little brother wasn't at home with my parents safe and sound and was potentially wandering the streets or at home by himself, I'd flip my shit." I felt myself smile at the thought of my sweet younger brother Louis before it dropped as his scar flashed in my head.

"Thank you." We both kept quiet as we heard the door to my room open and a very large man step from behind it.

"Lucky day for you little lady, the boss wants to see you." He smirked and my stomach turned.

Id rather stay in the cell..

----
A/N: Sooooo..? How do you like it so far? Just asking..