[ Chapter 15 ]

My ears rang as close gunfire went off, but I didn't care. It felt as if I was in my own world as I looked down at the piles and heaps of bodies lying on the floor. Lifeless.

I wanted to scream and cry just like I wanted to the night I witnessed D'Angelo and that other guy take that poor mans life in the alleyway of that street. I could feel tears rolling down my cheeks for all these people, why were they so loyal to the Mafia? Most people were kidnapped, bought, or blackmailed! I never once understood why they were so damn loyal to the Mafia after Alex told me about it, "Every guy here is loyal to him and my father. If he told them to jump off a bridge into a lava pool, they'd do it."

I felt someone shake my shoulder, looking up it felt as if it were happening in slow motion, nothing seemed real. I came eye to eye with Chelsea as her mouth moved, but no words left. Please let her pinch me and I wake up.

Let this be a dream..

"What?" I yelled, hoping she would hear me.

She moved her mouth yet again and I couldn't hear her, she averted her eyes as she looked as someone and her mouth dropped to a frown as she started to freak out. She looked at me once again, her long red hair nearly hitting me in the face. "-to go!"

"What?" I spoke normally again.

"We have to go!" She pointed at the herd of men who were running our way. I nodded and we stood up just as my legs began to give out.

Why now? Stop being so weak Skylar!

Just as Chelsea and I began to stand up she fell, blood pouring from her shoulder and leg. "Chelsea!" I screamed as I fell to her side, I pressed my hand again her wounds to add pressure. I was yanked up and thrown over someones shoulder in one swift movement, before they ran over the the bush I was previously at. I peeked around the bush and watch as Nikki picked up Chelsea bridal style and ran over to us, laying Chelsea down gently on the concrete.

I kept a look out along with D'Angelo as we waited for a clear path into the house."Chelsea, no.. Baby, keep your eyes open for me okay?" I heard Nikki's voice crack as he spoke, "Come on, please. You're the toughest girl I know, and I need you to hang in there so we can make this out together, and- and start a real family.." My heart broke as I started to hear Nikki weep from behind me. "Please don't leave me, you're all I have left.." He whispered just before kissing her hand delicately like she was a flower.

I heard her cough and take a breath, "I'm still here Nikki, you're not getting rid of my that easily." She croaked out before he shushed her.

"Save your energy until we get you a doctor babe, I love you." I looked at D'Angelo only to find him staring at me already.

"What-"

"There should be a pathway to- Skylar!" I jumped a little as I felt two sharp pains in the back of my shoulder and my lower back. D'Angelo quickly moved me out the way as three more shots rang out and everything went black.

•  •  •  •

I woke up to a pounding headache and looked around me as I watched tons of doctors help out injured patients. "Well, hey hey little missy, I'm doctor Smith." That southern country accent threw me off guard as I looked over at the gorgeous doctor who stood with her hands shoved in her white coat pocket. Her fair brown skin went amazingly well her light brown eyes, her curves were something you couldn't miss along with her curly shiny black hair. "How are you feeling- wait, here." She handed me a cup of water and I chugged it down as a toothy smile appeared on her face. "Well, that should do the trick."

"Where are my friends?" I started to get up, my quick actions surprising her. "Where's Ma-Ricardo? Nikki? Alexandra? Sierra? Most importantly where are D'Angelo and Chelsea? Are they okay, I-" She placed her hand on my shoulder and I winced.

"Calm down, they are okay, they got out of surgery a few hours ago. They are just resting now, which you should be doing as well little miss." I nodded as I laid back, wincing in pain as my back touched the soft bed. I looked around the room as the frantic commotion started to calm down just as I fell asleep.

-- Excuse Mistakes !! --

A/N: I might do a double update today. I have absolutely nothing to do today so.. Maybe.

But.. *blow whistles & throw streamers*
The first chapter of this book has reached 200 views!! Yaaay !

Dont forget to comment your thoughts
(so far very positive)

thank you guys so much ❤️