[ Chapter 25 ]

As I contemplated going downstairs to talk to Alex, my throat began to go dry. Was I ready for this? What if she doesn't forgive me? Well I surely can't gain her forgiveness with a dry throat.

I started my way down the steps after several attempts and walked into the kitchen, grabbing myself a cup of cold water. As I sat down I heard a soft gasp echo in the room, turning towards the entryway of the kitchen Alex stood there with her hand over her mouth. "I'm sorry, I'll-"

"No, no, no.. it's fine- Come in, I just wanna.. talk." I took a small straw out of the drawer, dropping it in my cup as she settled down in the seat in front of me.

"So, how's it going..?" I shrugged, sipping some water into my mouth. It was weird not talking to her as if she was my bestfriend, or my sister from another mister. She seemed like an unknown stranger to me. "Have you talked to-" I held up my hand, instantly making her quiet down.

"Please don't. I don't want to talk about him right now. He isnt important, what is important is us." She nodded at me, playing with her fingers.

"Im sorry I didnt tell you, It wasnt suppose to go that way. I didnt even know until-"

"Who are Alexis and Cheyenne?" Her shoulders instantly went stiff. Was he telling the truth? Would I end up dead in a ditch?

"N-Nobody they were just good friends of mine." Her voice was as shakey as a cold chihuahua. "They died a few years back. They were good people."

"Will I end up the same way as they did..?" Obviously confused she looked up at me as if I had grown a third head.

"I mean as long as you're careful.. I dont believe so-" I interrupted her.

"I understand the whole silence thing but do I have to die? I followed the rules, I did everything I was told.. Mostly. I don't deserve to die."

"What?" She gasped. "Who said you had to die? Why are you even putting that out there?" She shouted. She was rambling and I knew this may not end well. "I mean why would you even consider that, I understand we may be the Mafia but we dont just go around killing people willy nilly.. Well we sorta do, but not with you, Angelo loves you for godsakes." I froze, nodding slowly.

"Yeah.."

****

Angelo loves me..

'Angelo loves you for godsakes'

As I stood in front of his office door raising and lowering my hand as if I was going to knock, my heart dropped into my stomach. "From the wise words of my husband Shia Labeouf, just do it." Alex whispered.

"I can't" She nodded.

"That's understandable.. I totally understand but then again-" She knocked on the door as hard as she could before running away, "Have fun!"

I hate her so much sometimes..

His husky voice rang out from the other side, a low 'come in' escaping, I let my somewhat moist palm grip the handle and turn it slightly.

But then again sometimes she does things I could never do..

"Look Alex, I already told you I cant talk to or about Skylar right now, give it a rest, Esci ." He put his head in his hands and sighed heavily.

"Well I don't want to talk to you either." He looked up, instantly fixing his hair.

As he stood up his attire was completely different, instead of his normal formal suit and tie it was sweats and a t-shirt.