PART ONE

Introduction:

I believe that there is a meaning to life. However, I also believe that no two people have the same purpose. What I'm saying really, is that we were all put on this earth for one reason: to live.

Imagine the Milky Way. From where we stand on Earth, it seems so distant, so unreachable. Many scientists would say the same. But with years of experience, one is able to receive answers and maybe even reach it. But within this galaxy, there are millions and millions of little stars - each of them unique. The meaning of life is no different: the galaxy itself is simply the 'bigger picture,' while each and every little star is each individual's purpose.

Life is a lot like space, in fact. There is no roadmap leading you to where you need to go. You find your purpose, your own niche, your unique little star in the Milky Way galaxy, through the experiences you encounter, the mistakes you make, the lessons you learn, and the people you meet.

Finding yourself is all about impacts: the impacts you leave, those who impact you, and the impacts left on them. I, personally, have still not found my own little star in the galaxy, but with each moment of impact, I've come closer to finding myself, finding my purpose. And I've just about realized that this purpose doesn't have to be big and extravagant. It could be small and simple, affecting only yourself and another. Something as simple as being a guardian.

And maybe I'm the one who needs guarding.