Chapter Twenty Six

"Come on Ali, it'll be fun!" Ella begged into the phone.

I looked over at Niall and waited for his expression to aid with my decision, but he was too focused on the Derby game. Not a surprise.

Never have I ever gone out on New Year's Eve. Well, willingly. It seems to be on Ella's itinerary each year to drag me out of my house to a party. And these parties were fun... if you were Ella. Every year she was miss social butterfly while I ended up alone in the corner sipping my water.

I would much rather be curled up in a ball on the couch wearing my sweats watching the ball drop in Times Square. Everyone made fun of me for that though, since it was already past midnight here when it happened in New York, but I didn't mind.

At least this year I'd have Niall with me.

That was if I could get him away from the TV.

"Ni," I called. No answer. "Ni!" I said, this time a little louder, finally drawing his attention.

"Hm?"

I giggled to myself at his confused expression. He must have been very absorbed in the game.

"We're going to a New Year's party tonight, get your lil tush off the couch and get ready," I playfully bit my lip and earned a smirk in return.

"My lil tush, huh?" he asked, approaching me like a lion stalking his prey. "Huh?" he asked again, his bottom lip trapped between his teeth as he pinched my bum.

"Niall!" I shrieked as he began to kiss my neck.

"You're gonna pay for that later hmmm," he half whispered, half groaned in my ear.

Shit.

-

Niall's POV

"Ready," she said, her voice behind me.

I turned on my heel and my jaw dropped as I laid eyes on her.

"Wow," I breathed. "Ali, just... wow."

I watched as the slight pink of her cheeks deepened to a crimson color to match her lipstick, and I bit my lip with desire.

She looked hot as fuck in her tight black mini dress, and her metallic heels elongated her thin legs only turning me on more. Her long, dark hair hung straight around her face and framed her features beautifully.

Everything about her was sexy, but that god damn blush of hers.

It was cute. Sexy, but cute.

She was the perfect combination of sexy and cute, and it worked.

"You look... stunning." Her cheeks deepend once again, and I had to control my hormones. "Let's go, yeh?"

She nodded with a smile, and I took her hand in mine. As we walked out of the house, I felt underdressed in my black jeans, white button down and supras, but the girls always outdid the guys.

Minutes later, we arrived at the party. Thankfully it was at Liam's house, one of my mates from football, so we knew most of the people there. Ella and her boyfriend only being two of them.

Liam opened up the door for me, drink already in hand.

"Niaalll!" he yelled, loud enough for everyone to turn heads. "Come in, mate!"

I smiled and stepped inside, pulling Ali inside behind me. I made sure to keep her close, knowing people would be surprised to see her. But this reaction was far stronger than I imagined.