Chapter 3 - * Its an obligation *

Dedicated to Steam-Weather

Hi people, now here's the third chap.

-*-*-*-

Chapter 3 - * Its an obligation *

-*-*-*-

Scarlet's POV.

After we reached Eva's apartment, I asked her and Taylor to go in ,without me as Stan called on me to wait for him outside the apartment. 'I wonder, what he has in for me now.' I thought as I waited for him standing opposite to the car, and then my thoughts drifted to today's hangout. Despite my worry for that damn math assignment, I did enjoy the hangout. A lot, in fact.

Whatever, I still have that assignment pending. I sighed on the thought of staying awake the whole night just to complete it. As I waited for my confidant - Stan, I mentally began to plan on what and how I was going to do the assignment. Just then, I saw Stan's mini van approach towards where I was, I kept my thoughts aside to hear what he was going to say for making me wait and have my patience tested.

Stan's POV.

I saw Scar standing on the other side of the road. I parked my van beside Mac's Ford Mushtang and got out. I closed the door of the car and turned to see Scar, only to hit her head with my shoulder. She had come running towards me and was about to fall from the hit. Out of reflex, I immediately caught her by her waist,preventing her fall.

Since her T-shirt rose up from the impact, I could feel her bare waist as I held her. She was so close to me that I could feel her breath fanning my nose and cheeks. Then I saw something that I never saw before. I saw Scar's cheeks turn a slight shade of pink! Was she blushing? No way! I thought as I made her stand erect and retrieved my hands from her waist.

For a minute, we stood there in an awkward silence, until Scar broke it. "Idiot! Are you going to tell me why I am wasting my time in this awkwardness instead of doing my assignment which is due tomorrow?" She hissed adjusting her hair. Whoa, she was clearly embarrassed.

I came back to my senses when she called me 'Idiot'

I came back to my senses when she called me 'Idiot'. I completely agree with her though. I really am an idiot to think- how cold her skin felt under my touch. Were her cheeks pink because of the cold weather or was she really blushing? What am I even thinking? ,I mentally slapped myself, pulling myself from that thought.

"Uh....yeah, about that. Scar! You are not going to believe this!!" I almost squealed as I shook her shoulders. I am sure she would think that I've gone insane.

I immediately turned and opened the car, took the assignment that was lying on the passenger seat and handed it over to her, smiling like a maniac. She had a confused look planted on her face while I, instead of clearing her confusion, just stood there, deeply lost in her lovely hazel eyes.