Chapter 3

Harley's POV

The week passed in a blur. It was now Monday and the day Jay begins at school. So far I've been able to avoid him at the gym and school wasn't a problem until today.

I dragged myself out of bed and into the shower. I washed my hair and body before wrapping a red towel around me. I stepped out of the ensuit and headed into my room. I picked out my clothes and was about to get changed when Spider burst into my room causing me to scream. "What the fuck Spider!!" I shouted. He looked red from embarrassment
"Sorry Harley Quin, your brother told me to come and get you up"
"It's fine but why are you here, and what have I told you about calling me that??" He smiled
"First of all I'm here because I'm taking you to school today and second, I don't care what you say I'll continue to call you Harley Quin"
"What ever just get out so I can change" he smiled and left my room.

Once I was ready I headed down stairs to see Spider and Hunter laughing. "What do you two idiots find so amusing??" They just smiled
"No reason sis, no reason at all" laughed out Hunter. I rolled my eyes at the two of them and began to make my toast. One I had made and eaten my toast I raced upstairs to do my teeth before coming back down
"Spider you coming I've gotta leave for school."

He stood up swinging his keys around his finger "let's go shall we??" He said while smiling I nodded my head and followed him out front only to have my jaw hit the pavement at the sight of his car. It was an Aston Martin V12 Vanquish.
"Dude how and where did you get the car??" He just smiled
"It's a present from my old man, since he's away a lot he thought that this would be a great gift" I nodded in understanding at him as we got in the car and headed to school.

As soon as we entered the parking lot almost everyone's gaze was on the car. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at them yeah nobody at the school had a car as flashy as this but come on it's not like you've never seen one before. Spider stopped the car and I got out. Everyone was starring some with confusion and others with hate in their eyes. Spider rolled down the drivers window which like the rest was tinted. "Harley I'll pick you up once your done here ok" I smile at him
"Yeah that's fine see you soon" with that said he stepped on the accelerator and was gone, leaving me with all the questioning gazes.

I ignored everyone and headed into school. I had made it to my locker when I was stopped by Layla and her gang of makeup addicts. "Hey nerd, who was that guy??" I ignore her and open my locker only to have it shut in my face "answer me you bitch" she growls.
"He's a friend" I answer vaguely before opening my locker again and this time being able to put all my books that I didn't need away. I went to walk past them when one grabbed my bag and yanked me back. What the fuck was with these girls?? "We're not done with you yet bitch, now tell us who he was and why he'd be slumming with the likes of you??" Snarled Carla.

I glared at them "I told you already he's a friend of mine, now if you don't mind I'd like to get to class." I say through clenched teeth before shoving my way through them. Man I hated those girls with a burning passion, but alas I can't do anything about it if I want to keep my secret about who I really am safe from everyone at this hell hole.

I sat in home room doodling in one of my books when I felt someone's gaze upon me. I looked all around the class but couldn't find anyone else there except for a couple of other nerdy type kids. Maybe it's just paranoia. I thought to myself and with that I shrugged it off and continued to doodle till the end of homeroom. After that I headed to first period maths.

*Time skip to lunch*

So far my day had been pretty good I had been avoided by all the populars and the incident with Spider this morning seemed to have been forgotten. I felt like everything was great that is until I entered the cafeteria. Everyone was silent which was weird for our school; I ignored it and headed to the lunch line. I bought my lunch and began to head to my table as I sat down I noticed everyone was still starring which began to irritate me calm down your supposed to be the defenceless nerd right now, don't blow a fuse you'll make everything worse. I chanted in my head, I didn't help but it was worth a try.

I scanned around the room till my eyes landed on Layla and her gang of lipstick worshippers. She had a smirk plastered on her face and she began to stalk towards me. Don't get up Harley, don't get up just stay put and don't react. This time it actually worked and I waited for her to get to my table.

She stood there with her hand on her hip and a malicious look on her face "so Harley, since you didn't answer my question earlier today, I thought that you would have thought it through and realised that you really should tell me who that guy was." I scowled
"I'll tell you exactly what I told you this morning he's a friend of mine now leave me alone" she smirked
"So you can fight back, I was beginning to think that you'd gone soft on me" she said putting her hands on the table and lowering herself so she was practically eye level with me. "Now tell me who he was and why a guy as hot as that was with you."

The way she was leaning pushed her chest near my face
"First of all get your chest out of my face I don't swing that way and even if I did you wouldn't be my type and second of all since you're to stupid to understand what I've said about three times to you all ready I'll spell it out for you, the guy who dropped me off was a friend of mine who I've known for a very long time" I say the last bit as though I'm talking to a five year old. "Now if you'll excuse me I seem to have lost my appetite, good bye" I say and leave the table heading out side. I'm so glade there's only three hours left till I can go home, I thought as I sit under a tree and relax.

Once the bell went I headed to biology with a frown on my face since I really didn't like that class and the teacher Mrs Belfrey was an absolute nightmare.

*Time skip after school*

Once that bell rung I legged it out of English and to the parking lot. I took out my phone and texted Spider to tell him that school was over and he told me that he'd be there soon. I sighed and sat under a tree that was at the edge of the parking lot. I knew that it would take Spider a little while to come and pick me up so I pulled out a book and began to read. I had gotten to a really interesting part of the story when it was ripped out of my hands by some one. I looked up to see that it was one of the jocks, Layla, her minions and a couple other members of the football team that where complete dicks surrounded him. He smirked "typical nerd, now let's see what you're reading" he said looking at the cover
"I'd be surprise if you could read it" I mumbled, he must have caught what I said
"What do you mean nerd?? Are you saying I'm not smart??" I smirked
"I said nothing of the sort I just don't expect an unevolved Neanderthal who gets thrills kicking a ball around such as yourself of being able to understand something as complex as a sentence let alone a story, now give me my book" I growl out.

He smirks "and what if I don't wanna give you the book back. What happens then??" I don't say anything and he smirks
"You better give her, her book back because you don't want to know what will happen if you don't." Growls a very pissed of looking Spider. The jock doesn't turn around before he speaks "come on dude don't defend her it's the nerd and I wanna see what she'll do."
"She won't do anything to you, but I will" with that the jock turns around to see Spider. Spider towered over the kid with his 6'5 muscular frame. With his pissed of expression and muscles I guess you could say he looked intimidating. The jock gulped "who a-are y-you??" He stuttered and Spider smirked
"I'm practically her brother so if you lay a finger on her you'll have me to deal with am I understood??" The jock nodded "good" was all Spider said before he turned to me taking my book out of the jocks hands and giving it back to me. I smile as we head to his car "you know you didn't have to do that right?? I mean the kid looked like he was going to piss himself." Spider chuckled
"Well I guess he'll think twice about trying anything and besides your like a sister to me I don't wanna see you get hurt since you won't fight outside the gym" I smiled at him as we drove home.