Chapter 23

Harley's POV

I was awoken when we made it to the gym, I looked up and realised that I was still in Jays arms, he smiled at me "hello sleepy head" he said with a chuckle I sighed and rested my head on his chest. I relaxed against him when he moved. The door opened and he stepped out still holding me. We walked into the gym with the rest of the champions, causing us to get a few dodgy looks considering it's never happened before. We all walked in to Steve's office where he sat looking surprised
"Wow I didn't expect all of you here at the same time, what happened??" Everyone looked at me, I waved them off
"Just some trouble at school nothing more, so why did you need us here??" He smiled and began to speak
"Well as you all know the competition is very soon in fact it's only a few weeks away so I thought it'd be best to discuss a few things with you." We nodded and he continued "this year the events will take place in the next town over, the competition will last a week and will be held in the Recreation Centre near the centre of town." He smiled at all of us " well that's all I had to tell you, so your all free to train."

After the meeting was finished we all headed out into the gym area. I headed over to Pixie when Jay grabbed my arm, "can I talk to you quickly??" Crap maybe he was angry at me for not telling him, only one way to find out, I followed him over to a quiet area of the gym.

"How are you feeling??" I smiled weakly at him
"I'm feeling better now thank you" he nodded and scratched the back of his neck awkwardly
"So I was just wondering..." He trailed off
"You where just wondering why I didn't tell you??" He looked at me sheepishly before nodding. I sighed "I didn't tell you at first because I didn't know if you'd cause problems for me, wether or not you'd tell people who I really was or anything like that, then we became friends and I wanted to tell you but I couldn't, you had to much on your mind especially your brother."

He nodded and sighed
"It's fine don't worry, you had good reasoning" I nodded at him
"So what are you down for in the competition?? And what are you doing about Alec??" He smiled slightly
"Well since the week of the competition is during one of our school breaks, Alec is gonna have to come to the competitions with me, Ace and Brodie said they'd watch him when I had to compete."

I nodded he really was caring toward his brother. "I'll help as well if you'd like"
"That'd be great thanks" I grinned
"So back to my question what events are you taking part in??" He shrugged "just a few along with the main event." I nodded,
"So are we good??" He looked at me before realising what I meant
"Of course we're good" and with that he pulled me in for a hug. Before he pulled away I heard him mumble something, I didn't catch it all, just certain words like "great news" and "got a chance" I wonder if he's talking about the competition or something else. Once we broke apart I headed off to train.

After about three hours of straight training, I began to feel tired so I sat and watched the other champions train; I watched each of their individual techniques and pinpointed what their strengths where and what they needed to work on unless they wanted it to become a weakness when they where competing. I was only brought out of my train of thought when a hand was waved in front of my face, I blinked a few times before focusing on the person in front of me. I looked at Jay and smiled, "what's up??" He shrugged
"Nothing what are you doing??"
"Watching others training techniques for what their strengths and weaknesses are" he nodded his head
"Cool think you could help me out with training" I smiled
"Sure, I'll help you out with what you need to improve on."
After that we headed over to the mats for some one on one training.

*time skip to the end of training*

Once everyone had finished or where to tiered to continue all the champions just sat on one of the large matted areas that's used for practicing some of the different techniques we learn. We where all just sat there chatting about what we'd signed up for and who we'd be up against since this year there was supposed to be some tough competition in some of the categories this year. None of us where worried though as we'd all put a lot off effort into training and we where ready for the challenges of the championships.

We sat there like that for about an hour till we decided it was getting late and that it'd be a good idea to go home. We all said our goodbyes and headed out. I sat in the passenger side of hunters car waiting for him. When he finally came we headed straight home and I was heading straight for my bed, today is one of the days I wish I could forget and I have to go to school tomorrow as well, could things get any worse??

*time skip next day*

I woke up the next morning and groaned, I really didn't wanna get up for school today. I sighed once more as I left the comfort and warmth of my bed and headed over to my closet. I picked out some black skinny jeans and a light blue t-shirt along with a grey hoodie and some grey vans before getting ready, my hair didn't  look too bad so I brushed it and left it in its natural wavy state before heading down stairs for breakfast.

When I was ready to go hunter grabbed his keys as he insisted he drive me to school for a few days because of what happened yesterday. I wasn't complaining although it did mean I'd have to wait for him to pick me up if it rained or If I was feeling to lazy to walk home. When we got to the school I said goodbye to hunter and pulled my hood over my head preparing myself for the hell that today would surely bring.