Chapter 9

Harley's POV

It was now Friday and I could not wait for this week to end. I was on my way to third period when I was stopped by Layla "hey nerd how's life??"
"It would be much better if you weren't in it" she laughed
"Just watch out today nerd" and with that she walked away. What the hell?? Was that supposed to be threatening?? That was pathetic. After that I headed to third period which was maths how fun note the sarcasm.

After third period had finished it was time for lunch I was walking across the campus when I was grabbed from behind. I wiggled out of their grip and threw a couple punches before I continued to walk. I didn't get very far before I was grabbed again this time my arms where restricted and pulled into an uncomfortable position. I yelped in pain as I was dragged away.

I was dragged to the back of one of the buildings where I was dropped on the floor. I looked up to see several of the football team and stood in front of them all was the queen bitch herself. "What do you want Layla" she smiled
"I told you to watch out"
"Why are you doing this??"
" since I can't socially destroy you I thought I'd get these guys to simply break you" I glared up at her and began to stand up
"Why you evil, vindictive, conniving bitch" she smiled
"Thanks, boys" and with that she walked away and her henchmen moved in.

The first one came at me so I fought him off. Then another but two came from behind and grabbed my arms and restrained me "get off me and fight like a man" they pulled harder causing me to cry out in pain. After that I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. Then another in my head. I struggled but it was no use. I tried using my legs to help defend my self but it was no use. I soon felt my defence crumbling, I screamed out in pain but it was no use. It wasn't long before spots appeared in front of my eyes and I blacked out.

Jay's POV

I was walking across campus heading to the cafeteria when I spotted Layla walking from behind the science block. She had a creepy smile on her face as she headed over to her mindless morons that where waiting by the cafeteria doors. I saw her say something before all her minions cheered and laughed.

I shook my head and continued walking, I was just passing the art block when I heard someone scream. It was coming from the back of the science building so I ran. I ran to the back of the block where I saw several of the football team circled around something. I pushed my way through them till I could get a good look. What I saw shocked me.

I saw a girl hanging from the grip of two of the morons and another one stood in front of her aiming for a punch. I shoved him "oi what do you think you're doing??" He glared at me
"Stay out of this Spencer it doesn't concern you" I growled at him
"You don't go around ganging up on an innocent girl" he laughed
"Innocent, this bitch is far from innocent" I punched him in the jaw
"That doesn't matter" I punched him again and again till he finally fought back. We circled each other when he threw a punch at my stomach. I dodged and kicked him. He fell to the floor and I crouched to his level "leave now while you can still walk away."

He ran and so did his followers. I heard a thud as the two assholes dropped the girl. I ran to her side where I saw she was in bad shape. I moved her hair out of her face and placed a hand on her head. When I saw her face my eyes widened the girl was Harley. I noticed she was bleeding I removed my hand from her head and I saw that it was covered in blood. I whipped out my phone and called an ambulance.

They arrived soon after and came to us. They got her on a stretcher and wheeled her into the ambulance "are you coming with her??" I nodded and got in. I looked out and saw that a crowed had gathered. They closed the doors and they sped off. "Is there anyone we need to contact for her??" Asked one of the men
"I don't know" he gave me a confused look
"You don't know if there's anyone we need to contact for your girlfriend??"
"She's not my girlfriend"
"Are you sure?? I mean you look really comfortable" I looked to see what he meant and noticed that my hand was holding hers tightly.

He sighed "well can we at least have a name so we can see who we need to contact" I nodded
"Her names Harley, Harley Everdeen" he nodded.
"We'll contact her family once we get there" I nodded and looked down at her. I wonder who would want this done to her and why they'd want to hurt someone as sweet as Harley. Yeah I know she's cocky and hard headed from what the guys had told me anyway.

Once we got to the hospital I was split from her as they wheeled her away somewhere. I sat in the waiting room just hoping she'd be ok. Soon after a guy came running in "where's Harley?? Where is she!?"
"Excuse me sir but she's not allowed any visitors at the moment can you please take a seat" he looked frustrated
"I need to see her, she's all I have left, please" you could see him go from angry to pleading
"I'm sorry but you'll just have to wait, why don't you take a seat next to that gentleman over there, I believe he's waiting for her as well."

I saw him sigh and he came and sat next to me. He turned to me "why are you here??"
"I'm the one who found her and called the ambulance" he nodded
"I'm thankful for that, she's all I've got left"
"So are you her uncle, cousin or something since you look too young to be her dad" he cracked a smile
"I'm her older brother" I nodded.

"You seemed really frantic has something like this happened before??" He shrugged
"No, but I worry about her a lot and I know she gets bullied but I didn't know it was this bad I mean I knew there where problems but who would do this damage to her??" he lowered his head, I put my arm across his shoulders
"I think she was jumped, I mean when I got there, there was a group of the football players" he nodded
"What happened??"
"Well, when I arrived I shoved my way through till I saw what was happening. I kicked off and beat the fuck out of one of them. Once they left I went and checked her and called the ambulance."

Soon after I finished talking a doctor came in "Harley Everdeen, any one here for Harley Everdeen??" With that we both got up. The doctor told us to follow him to her room. Once we got there the doctor turned to us "she's still out but she should wake up shortly until then only one person is allowed in at a time." We nodded and the doctor left.

He turned to me "I need to see her" I nodded and he walked in. Since I would have to wait I sat on one of the chairs outside her room and contemplated everything. Why was I so comfortable around her?? Why am I so worried?? It was then it hit me, I felt so strongly about her because I was attracted to her. I was attracted to her personality and her smart ass remarks. I was attracted to the way she can handle herself and how she can shake off everything. I was attracted to her. I'm attracted to her but I like Raven. Fuck my life.

Once her brother came out he looked a little relieved. "You can go in if you want" I nodded and walked in. The door closed behind me so I sat on a chair next to her bed. She looked so broken just laying there with wires everywhere. "Harley, what happened to you??" I moved my hand to hers and held it tight. "Why wouldn't you tell someone it was this bad??" I sighed and just looked at how her body moved as she breathed. It was comforting to know that she'd be ok.

I had been sat there for god knows how long when I heard her breath hitch. I looked up and saw her move slightly. "Harley?? Harley can you hear me!?" There was nothing for a little while then her eyes shot open and she screamed. "Harley!?, Harley calm down you're safe." She looked up at me with big frightened eyes. Before she hugged me and broke down in tears. I rubbed her back soothingly when her brother burst into the room followed by some doctors. They tried  to take her from me but she held on. "Har, you have to let go" came her brothers voice." She nodded slowly and let go.

The doctors checked her and said that she'd be fine to go home tomorrow morning. Her brother turned to me "thanks for everything you've done, I didn't catch your name" I smiled
"My names Jay, Jay Spencer" he smiled
"I'm Hunter by the way" I nodded and headed for the door when he stopped me
"I know this is weird to ask but could you look out for her at school like you did today??" I smiled
"Sure" he smiled in return and I continued out the hospital. When I got outside I turned on my phone which came up with so many messages and missed calls from the guys I sighed and began replying to them.