04 || No Don't!

"Why not?" Bob asks.

Sodapop looks back at me, "listen she has nothing to do with this! She not apart of the greasers or the socs or even the middle class. She's not even from Tulsa. Please just leave her alone. Not now Bob."

Bob smirks, "how about a rumble? She sits on the sidelines and whoever wins...gets the girl."

Soda shakes his head, "are you kidding me? No!"

"Then we'll just take her now," Bob takes out a switch blade.

"Stop!" Soda screeches. "You can have her! Okay? If you win you can have her! We'll have a rumble! Okay? Just don't hurt her!"

Bob nods as he puts his switch away, "I'll see ya Sunday night at ten...no weapons."

Soda nods his head before shaking his hand,  "okay, Bob. I'll see ya there."

Bob looks over at me, "I'll see ya on the sidelines than at my house Sunday night....Let's go boys."

I turn to Sodapop, "let's go home."

"Lacey, don't be mad at me," Soda speaks in a begging tone.

I flip him off, "I wanna go home right now Sodapop."

He grabs my wrist, "did you forget what just happened? Did you forget the intensity and the trust Lacey? I didn't!"

I look at him, "well maybe I did! Maybe I did forget because you're gonna do something and they're gonna get me! Maybe I forgot that at one point I trusted you because, I released I shouldn't. Okay? Now I just wanna go home."

Sodapop sighs as he looks down, "they would of killed you! Then me Lacey! They were gonna rape then kill you! 

"What do you think is gonna happen if you loose?"  I ask Sodapop anger boiling. "I'll be their personal sex toy until they get tired of me. Then they're gonna kill me!"

"I'm sorry," he sighs.

"Whatever," I roll my eyes.

He runs in front of me with a small frown, "Lacey please."

I shake my head, "no Sodapop! Just take me home."

"We won't go to the rumble! We won't fight! We won't let them take you!" He speaks quickly.

"Oh and let them kidnap me," I roll my eyes once again. "Damn Sodapop. Why did I ever kiss a jackass like you?"

"Don't say that," he begs.

"Why not?" I ask before storming away from him angrily.

He screams after me, "I won't let them take you away from me! I won't let them! I will get my ass beaten before I let them have you Lace! Can't you see that? I would stand at the rumble and fight until I can't fight anymore! I won't let the greasers loose. I will die before they take you!"

I turn around and look at him, "oh yeah, you think I'd really let them hurt you let along kill you! Sodapop I might be a bitch, but I actually care about you!"

He chuckles, "are we cool?"

I shake my head, "I'll see you at the rumble Sodapop Curtis."

He sighs as he whispers, "I'm sorry Lacey."

"I know you are," I whisper back before walking away.
***
As I walk into my room Beth looks up at me from her notebook, "nice to know you care enough to stop by and see how your best friend is doing."

I sigh as I sit on my bed, "I'm sorry, it was a bad day."

"Oh yeah and how do you think I feel?" She asks. "I have no friends here! I don't know anybody here!"