14 || Patrick James Rosefield

"It's gonna be a blast," Spencer looks over at me. "You can't miss it. We're gonna have so much fun and you don't even have to see Sodapop. He never goes." 

I shrug, "I don't know Spence. I don't feel like a Juliette. I think I might just stay home and hang out with my dad."

She shakes her head, "this is the Greaser bash! It's the party of all parties! You can't miss it! Do I have to get Jilly here because, she will make you go?"

I chuckle softly, "I'm just not in a partying mood. I'm in an ice cream and sweatpants mood."

She sighs as she sits next to me, "hunny, you're hurting and I feel for you. I'm sorry that he hurt you the way he did, but you have to get out there."

"He broke my heart Spence," I start to sob. "I-I thought he really loved me. I loved him Spencer and he didn't care about me at all! He just wanted to be with Holly.  I just wanna lay in bed eating ice cream wearing sweats and crying. I hate him Spencer more than I've ever hated anybody in my life....even Tucker."

"Even Tucker?" She gasps as she places my head on her shoulder.

"Yeah, even Tucker," I sniffle. "I knew Tucker and I wouldn't last, but as for Sodapop. I trusted him and I didn't trust Tucker. I thought he loved me and he would stick around, but he didn't. It sucks Spence."

I can feel a few tear drops land on my shoulder, "oh hunny, I'm so sorry."

"Are you crying?" I ask.

She nods her head as she looks at me making us both laugh, "yeah I am because, I do care about you and I want you to come to this party with Jilly and I. I know you don't want to, but at least give it a chance for your best friends."

I sigh as I look at the ground. I wipe away my tears and nod slightly, "you know what? Okay. I'll go and give it a chance for my best friends. It'll be my first Greaser Bash."

She smiles slightly, "then let's go get you into some cheap Juliette costume. Okay?"
***
I walk into the ball with Spencer and Jilly at my side. Steve runs up to us pecking Jilly lips then turning to me, "hey Lace, how ya holding up?"

I smile as I hug Steve, "I'm doing okay. I'm mean it's rough, but what am I supposed to do. I have another two months here."

He nods his head, "hang in there kid."

"I am," I smile.

Jilly grabs his hand, "you're so sweet babe."

"Wanna get a beer?" Steve asks.

"Go," I whisper in her ear.

She turns around to look at me and shakes her head, "I-I can't leave you like this Lace. This is hard for you and you didn't even wanna come. I'm not leaving you."

"You're a great friend Jilly, but seriously go. It's okay. I have Spencer here and we'll have a single ladies night. Go have fun with you boyfriend," I smile.

"Ya'll are seriously the best friends I could ask for," she hugs each of us. "I love ya'll."

"We love you two," Spencer smiles. "Bye."

I continue to walk in with Spencer until Dally walks over to us, "hey pretty girls."

"Hey Dally," I shout over the music looking around the bar. "This is crazy."

"That outfit is crazy Juliette," he smirks.

"Thanks," I smile

He turns to look at Spencer, "I was wondering if I could steal you for the night...Maybe make this like a date night?"