08 || ...Ruin my Life

"Hey Jilly. Where's Spence?" I smile as I walk over to her.

"Hey Lace. I don't know, but she's coming," Jilly hugs me.

Spence runs up to us, "sorry I'm late! I uh saw this girl with Holly and was spying. They were talking about Sodapop."

I turn to her anxiously, "what girl?"

She shrugs, "nobody I know. Wanna skip town for the day? I got my car."

I nod my head, "we have to meet up the boys later tonight though and talk about Sodapop."

"I know," Spence speaks softly.

Jilly, Spencer, and I all hope into the car. "Have you talked to Sodapop?" Jilly asks. "Either of you? I haven't."

I shake my head, "I've been avoiding him."

"Me too," Spencer admits as she drives.

"He wouldn't cheat though," Jilly pulls me in for a side hug.

"You hug a lot," I laugh.

She nods her head, "just to show I care."

I look over to her and smile, "I know, thanks."

"No need to thank me...or Spencer," Jilly speaks.

"We're your friends," Spencer reminds me.

"Did you hear the name of the girl?" I ask Spencer.

She sighs as she shakes her head, "I was trying to, but the girl turned around and I think she saw me. I don't know though. Holly looked back too, they were walking to the DX. Holly was gonna..."

"Gonna what?" I ask nervously.

"Gonna......Gonna....Gonna....Uh...what I mean by that is......She was planning on......Her goal was too" Spencer babels on.

I look over at her, "spit it out Spencer!"

"She was planning on....kissing him," she starts shouting, but ends in a whisper.

Tears sting in my eyes as I look out the window watching the cars pass by us on the highway, "how did she even find me?"

I catch Jilly shrug in the corner of me eyes before looking away from me, "I hate saying this, but could the girl be-could she be uh......Beth?"

I look over at her, but she's not even looking my way, "Beth? No! I mean, we have our fights, but she would never do that to me!"

Spencer pulls over and looks back at me, "did anybody else know where you are minus Beth?"

I shake my head, "but guys, it couldn't be Beth."

"It could be," Spencer sighs. "None of us want it to be."

"You sure? It sure seems like you two want it to be. You know what? I'm done," I say as I get out of the car.

Jilly hops out after me, "where are you going?"

"Home," I shout back at her without even turning.

"We're like twenty miles out of town," she reminds me.

I shrug, "I don't care! I thought you guys were my friends."

"We are!" Jilly screams.

I turn around to look at her, "then why are you pinning everything on Beth. She's the one person in this world who I can trust with everything! She hasn't left me yet and we've been friends for like two years."

"Yet?" Jilly asks me. "Is that what you want? Somebody who hasn't left yet, but will?"

"Everybody leaves!" I shout over the traffic.