17 || ...My Greaser Heart

"Hey Lace?" Jilly questions as we paint our toes. 

I look up at her for a second to see that her expression is happy then looks back down knowing everything is okay, "yeah Jilly?"

"I was just wondering if you'd...maybe want to go camping with my family and I?" She asks. "If you wanna stay here with your family, I totally understand, I mean you have just over a month left and you just me-"

"Jilly," I cut her off. "I'd love too."

She chuckles, "really?"

"Of course I do and we're gonna have so much fun!" I squeal. "Can we go to parties? Can we go swimming and look hot?"

She looks over at me and smiles, "looks like somebody's ready to get over Sodapop."

I roll my eyes slightly, "yeah, I am and I'm determined to. I mean I wanna meet a hot guy this-....How long are we staying at the camp?"

She laughs loudly, "one week and I'll make sure we go to parties. I've done it before."

"This is gonna be a blast," I smile. "Is Spence coming?"

"It's just me and my best friend," she looks over at me. "God I am gonna miss you so much in like two months. I'll be in a mental hospital in three."

"I'm gonna go crazy too," I chuckle.
***
I put my suitcase into the trunk on Jilly's new car and look over at her, "we are gonna have so much fun this week!"

She chuckles as we hop into the car, "I know Lace, that's why I wanted you to come because, I'll have the most fun with you."

"You know I'm coming back winter break, thanksgiving break, spring break, and summer vacation until I'm eighteen then I'm living up here and flying to Jersey for summers," I explain my ultimate goal. "It's funny how much things can change in one summer."

"What do you mean?" She asks.

I shrug lazily, "I don't know. It's just the day I graduated my sophomore year, I hated my dad. I wanted nothing to do with him or his wife or anybody. I hated Two-bit for being loved by my dad. I was so pissed at everything and everybody. I was dreading coming here. My ultimate goal was to go to New York City and become a make-up artist."

She chuckles, "and how did things change?"

I smile to myself, "I love my dad and I never wanna fall out of touch with him. I love Nikki. I really love Two. I want to be apart of that family and I mean really a member of the family. I'm not pissed at everybody only some people like Soda, Holly, and Beth. Now I'm dreading going back to my other home. My ultimate goal is to come here and be a make-up artist."

Jilly pulls over and looks at me, "what's going on at your other home? Why are you dreading going back?"

"I just haven't talked to my mom since the break up and we got into a fight. She's the reason I fell out of touch with my dad," I admit.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asks.

"I had other things going on that were more important," I shrug."It wasn't important, but as the date come close, I don't know."

She smiles, "you love being a greaser....Don't you?"

I nod my head, "a lot and I don't wanna be anything else!"

"You won't be as long as you keep that greaser heart of yours," she smiles.

"I couldn't lose my greaser heart," I chuckle as we get back on the road.
***
"You look totally hot!" Jilly squeals as we get ready for a party.