18 || ...Your uh-These

I take a deep breathe as I walk into the DX and pray that Sodapop isn't working the register. I walk into the small gas station and pick up two pregnancy tests.

Reasons I think I'm pregnant:
I woke up sick today
I've gained weight
Weird cravings
Late on my period
Always hungry (I mean 24/7)

I walk to the cash register and slam the tests down. "Lacey?" I hear a familiar voice cracking. "Are you pregnant?"

I look up and my eyes meet Soda's teary eyes, "I met somebody Sodapop, his name is Jake and we hooked up."

"Oh," he sighs. "I'm happy for you."

"Thanks," I look down at the ground knowing I'm still in love with Sodapop. "I'm in love with Jake. We've been on a ton of dated. We're going steady now."

He smiles, but I can see the pain behind his eyes and all I want to do is tell him I love him. Tell him I miss him! Tell him I don't want to live without him, "I'm seeing a girl too...Her name is Kendall and we're going on our third date tonight."

My heart breaks and I get a lump in my throat as I can feel my heart breaking. I feel as if I'm about to cry, but I hold it together looking up at him, just not in the eyes, "that's great! I hope everything works out with her."

"Well uh I'll pay for your uh-these," he chuckles.

"Thanks," I smile as I go to walk away, but turn back around.  "Oh yeah and last time we talked, I didn't mean that...It was just a broken heart."

He smiles, "that means a lot to me...I hope your happy."

"I really am," I lie. "Same to you with Kendall."

I hope he finds everything he's looking for in life. I hope no matter where is in life he's happy.

Soda's P.O.V.

"I'm in love with Jake. We've been on a ton of dated. We're going steady now," Lacey blurts out. I glance down at the tests and release she's pregnant with another man's baby. My heart breaks every so slightly. I'm in love with her. I'm not over her. 

I know I have to do something quick so she doesn't think I'm still in love with her and hearing that, knowing what I know that my heart is broken and I'm ready to break. So I lie,  "I'm seeing a girl too...Her name is Kendall and we're going on our third date tonight." 

"That's great! I hope everything works out with her," she so happy I'm with somebody. She probably doesn't even care about me anymore and here I am in love with her.

"Well uh I'll pay for your-" I look down and see two pregnancy tests, "uh-these."

"Thanks," she smiles as she walks away. Just as I'm about to break she turns around. "Oh yeah and last time we talked, I didn't mean that...It was just a broken heart." 

I  don't know what to say to say to her. She's so happy with her life and I'm a total mess. I give up, "that means a lot to me...I hope your happy."

"I really am," She smiles the same smile I fell in love with, the same smile I'm still in love with. "Same to you and Kendall."  My heart breaks as she says that. She wants me to be happy with another girl, she's totally over me.

I just-I hope she finds it, what she's been looking for her whole life. I hope where ever life takes her in life, she's happy because, that's what she deserves.

Lacey's P.O.V.

I look down to see..........Positive and my whole world, my plan, everything I care break. I stare down at the test in complete shock as I place a hand on my stomach...This baby won't even have a father. This baby is gonna grow up like me.

I take a few deep breathes before throwing out the tests and walking out the bathroom on the verge of tears. Sodapop looks over at me, "are you okay Lacey?"

I nod my head, "yeah, just a little shocked."

"What was the result?" He asks my.

I try to keep my voice steady as I talk slowly and softly, "uh, I'm pregnant with Jake's baby."

"Wow," he sighs.

"What?" I ask with a soft, nervous chuckle. 

He shrugs, "just shocked. You always said you didn't want to get pregnant until after make-up school after you were married."

"I know, but it just kind of happened," I shrug. "We had a condom break."

"Oh, I'm sorry," he sighs.

"No!" I squeal. "I'm happy...Trust me. I'm very happy and I want this baby. It's gonna be our baby and we both can not wait."

He nods, "well then I'm happy for you."

I smile at him trying not to let him know that my whole life is slowly falling apart in front of me, "well I gotta go find Spencer and Jilly."

He nods his head, "yeah. How are they? Especially Spence, she was my best friend before anything happened. I still really care about."

I look at him and see pure care in his eyes.The same look I wish he had toward me, but he doesn't, "she's doing really well. Her and Dally have been going on a lot of dates lately. She's very happy. So is Jilly. They're both very good."

He looks down at the ground and smiles softly, "yeah. Well I'm sure I'll see you around Sodapop. I hope all continues to be good for you."

"Yeah thanks, and you too," he smiles. "Congrats on the baby."

"Yeah thanks," I smile as I walk out of the DX trying to keep my head up. I just wish he knew I was lying and I still loved him.

Soda's P.O.V.

Like that she's gone, she walked out of my life again and I did nothing to try and stop her. She broke my heart and I broke hers. I guess we just weren't meant for each other. I just wish she knew I was lying and still loved her.

Right on time same time as every other day Kendall walks in with her hair poofed up way to high and chewing a wad of gum, "hey Sodapop baby."

"Kendall," I take a deep breathe then let out a deep long sigh pinching the bridge of my nose. "How many times do I have to tell you, I'm not into you? I'm in love with somebody else Kendall. I'm sorry, but I can't."

She walks over to me grabbing my hand, "no, baby. C'mon, we can make it work. I-I love you Sodapop."

I look up at her shocked before speaking quickly, "what? Kendall, we went on like two dates....Maybe three. How do you love me?"

"It's when we kissed," she smiles. "I mean I felt it. I felt that spark. We clicked. From that moment on, I knew Sodapop, I loved you. I can't just let go of us."

"There is no us Kendall!" I yell taking a lot of big breathes. "We're not dating! I am in love with somebody else!"

She looks away, "c'mon Sodapop, she doesn't love you back and I love you."

I shrug, "but I don't love you."

Her eyes fill with water and she looks away, "oh, okay. I'm gonna go."

I sigh looking down at the ground, "please don't cry."

She just walks away not looking back and once again I feel like an idiot. 

Okay right now at this point in the story, I don't know who I feel worse for Sodapop or Lacey. I mean Sodapop is the reason this is all happening because he cheated, but he's also so broken and he does love her. While Lacey is just flat out heartbroken and pregnant, but she shouldn't of had a drunken hook-up. Stay gold. Do it for Johnny!
-Beth