Chapter 27- I Promise Forever

Christine Daae
I woke up in Erik's arms and remembered what had happened the night before. I wanted to wake him up and tell him that I didn't forgive him and that I would like to be left alone and never see him again, but I couldn't do it. I didn't want to do it. I loved him too much. I missed him far too much to not have his arms wrapped around me.

I nuzzled back into his warm embrace and closed my eyes. I thought about what had happened over the two years. Memories of wasted time without him consumed my sense. I held him tighter, never wanting to forget the feeling of having him beside me again. I felt him shift.

"What's wrong?" He sat up a bit and looked me in the eyes.

"These past two years have been hell. I never want to go through that again," I whispered. He hugged me tightly and then pulled back. He looked me in the eyes before slowly leaning in to kiss me. I forgot how much I had missed his kiss.

            "Christine, I'm going to need you to get ready," he said firmly.

       "May I ask why?" I asked.He got out of bed swiftly and went to the closet.

       "It's a secret, love," he grinned. I sighed and got out of bed, wincing when my side started to hurt. He noticed me in pain and his smile faded. He rushed to my side and held me up.

               "Christine, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have you going anywhere like this. You're still healing. Forgive me. I didn't mean to-"

                 "I'll be fine. I just need to bathe and rinse out my wounds. Give me two hours and I bet I'll be ready by then," I reassured him. He nodded reluctantly and left the room. I drew a bath and looked at my bruised skin. I sighed, wondering if I'd ever look like I used to. I definitely needed to start dancing again and my hair would probably never be the same as it used to be.

        After thirty minutes of trying to clean all my cuts and tame my untamable hair, I got out of the bath and got ready. I pinned back a few pieces of my hair, giving up after a few minutes when I realized there was no way of fixing it. I tried my best to cover up some of my bruises and other marks. I walked out of the room, ready for whatever tonight held us.

Erik Destler
       I held the boxed ring in my pocket as Christine walked out of the room in a laced, white dress. After two years, this moment had finally come. I smiled and held her hand.

"You look lovely," I complimented her and her pale cheeks lit up. We walked out the door and I helped her into the carriage.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"Just the park. I have a picnic set out for us, if that's alright."

           "That sounds wonderful."

Christine Daae
          Erik opened the carriage door for me and I gladly stepped out. He guided me to a small blanket and that had a basket set on it. I sat down next to Erik as he pulled out some food from the basket.

           "Christine, how old are you again? I brought champagne, but I can always go get-"

             "No, it's okay. I'm nineteen," I reassured him.

               "Oh okay...Wait, what? You're nineteen? I thought you were seventeen or sixteen!" His eyes widened.

       "Darling, it's been two years," I laughed.   

           "Time has slipped by lately," he shrugged and poured a couple of glasses for us. I rolled my eyes and took a sip.

      "I need to start dancing again," I announced while we were eating. He looked up at me with confusion.

     "What made you think of that, Mon ange?" he asked.

      "It's been too long. I miss it," I clarified.

       "Well, would you like to dance?" he asked. I nodded and stood up. We waltzed around for awhile, talking and enjoying each other's presence. He held my hand, guiding me to a small bridge over a creek. There were lights all over the bridge as Erik brought me to the middle of it.

     "Wow. This is beautiful," I noticed as I looked at the stars and the creek.

     "Christine."

     "Ye-" I gasped when I turned around to see Erik on one knee, holding a ring in his hand.

Erik Destler

      "Erik? What is this?" her eyes filled with excitement.

     "I have something I'd like to ask you," I murmured. She nodded and sat on her knees.

        "Christine, there's many things I've done wrong in my life. Some of the things I've done are..unspeakable. I nearly burnt down an opera house out of pure jealousy. Christine, the minute you entered my life, you changed something within me. Granted, it took a very long time for me to completely change and realize that I deserve love like anybody else, but without you, I'd still be stuck underground. You've given me life, love, and I cannot thank you enough for that, but if you grant me the honor of sharing the rest of my life with you, I will do everything in my power to protect you and make you the happiest you could ever be. Christine Daae, will you marry me?" I asked. She nodded, wrapping her arms around me and crying tears of happiness into my shoulder.

         "I love you so much," she sobbed.

           "I love yo-" Suddenly, I was cut off by the sound of a gunshot and Christine's body going limp in my arms. I looked down to see that her face was white and blood was staining the side of her dress.

          "No. Christine please don't. Please, I can't let you go again. I can't do it. We've barely begun. Christine please," I begged. I held her tightly as she smiled at me.

          "I'm here, Erik. I'm in your arms." People were already running for help.

       "What am I to do without you?" I asked, choking up.

     "Take the love that you deserve, Erik. Do that for me," she whispered.

     "The only love I've ever even wanted was yours. I love you, Christine. Please," I pleaded.

       "I love you too," she replied as she closed her eyes and let go of my coat.

       "Christine please wake up. Please! Christine!" I cupped her face with my blood stained hands. "Don't leave me."

      Who would have thought our story would end like this?

Okay so most of you probably think this is the end of the book but it's not. Trust me there is more to come. Oh and to my very good friend Presley, devil take the hindmost. ;)

love you guys- Bella